ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mpacker"
mpacker

Score: 0
  • mpacker
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2015
  • Score: 0
Jake, thank you very much for your direct and honest answer as to where things stand. Hope you find your new programmer...and soon!!!
mpacker

• mpacker
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Jake/ToodleDo Admin,

We are at about the one month mark from where ToodleDo has acknowledged this problem of duplicate entries when using Google "note to self". From the postings it looks like this happens on enough platforms/OS releases that you should be able to reproduce the issue. I can't speak for anyone else, but that seems to be ample time to resolve this issue. I will speak for everyone else and say we have been politely patient. Are there plans afoot to actually fix this problem before the summer is over? Or would you guys like to be at least honest enough to say directly "small problem for us, not really interested in it, we'll get to it when we get to it...go away you're pestering us".

Be aware that the combination of not answering and not fixing is essentially equivalent to saying the above...just a little more demoralizing as what it indicates regarding ToodleDo's level of concern about customers such as us.

Marty

This message was edited Jul 13, 2015.
mpacker

• mpacker
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2015
I don't know if this is a solution for anyone else, but install Google Keep, use it for "Note To Self" and just transfer those tasks that actually require the "heavier weight" of ToodleDo and keep the rest in Keep. I am finding Keep an **excellent** lightweight note tool that even allows me to share with others. No, I'm not a shill for Google. Promise.

P.S. I just had an upgrade in my Galaxy S5 Lollilpop OS and the duplication problem is still there. Dang.

This message was edited Jul 08, 2015.
mpacker

• mpacker
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2015
I don't know if this is any help but at least today I noticed that the second instance of the task shows up maybe seconds after the first instance. Enough of a delay that I first thought the issue was fixed.
mpacker

Score: 1
  • mpacker
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2015
  • Score: 1
Ummmm...I'm **DRIVING** when I use this feature, so I think I'll take the double entry hit instead of using the app. ;)

This message was edited Jun 16, 2015.
mpacker

• mpacker
  • Posted: Jun 13, 2015
Same deal for me, too, both on my phone and tablet.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 5.0, Build LRX21T.G9000VVRU1BOC4
Tablet: Samsung Tab 8, Android 4.4.2, Build KOT49H.T310UEUCNK1

I'm also running DGT GTD on the same device. Any chance that's part of the mix?
mpacker

• mpacker
I just realized that there is already a thread titled "When adding tasks through Google Now, they are being duplicated" already going on this topic, I'll repost there in case my info helps at all.
mpacker

• mpacker
I am trying to use the Google Now "Note to Self" feature with the Android ToodleDo app. When I do, two instances of the task are created each time. It's not the end of the world but is definitely a drag. I saw in past comments that this had been a problem, but then it appeared to have been solved. It now appears to be back again. I have re-installed the ToodleDo app and rebooted the phone and still get the same behavior.

Any clues or suggestions?

Environment: Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 5.0, Build LRX21T.G9000VVRU1BOC4