ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by skynet"
skynet

Score: 0
  • skynet
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2011
  • Score: 0
Looking forward to getting the solution. Thanks!
skynet

• skynet
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2011
I understand what you are saying.

Leaving the list wrongly ordered is not the right solution however!

In the particular case I describe the edited item will always be 1st in the list if you refresh automatically since it is the most recently modified.

There are better ways than leaving the list broken, such as always displaying the active item at the top of the list (that's what you do when you add a new task). For me this issue makes the iPad version much more unfriendly to use than the iPod. Pity. Please find a proper fix; asking me to do the refresh is not a proper solution!
skynet

• skynet
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2011
I have just bought an iPad 2 and so now want to use Toodledo both on my iPod and iPad. Problem is the iPad app doesn't keep list of tasks correctly sorted by date modified, but the iPod does.

Let me explain.

I keep my tasks sorted by date modified, with more recent ones being at the top. On iPad, if I open a task and mark/unmark the star or the tick, the date modified changes, but the list of tasks (which I display in date modified order) stays in the same order which is now not correct. If I modify a second task it gets worse since I have now several in different places in the list in the wrong place. The only way to have the list stay in the correct date modified order is to exit the folder and come back in again to force the list to be redrawn. Groan!

On the iPod it works well since exiting the task forces a redraw of the list.

The fix is clear: if the mod date changes then the list of task in mod date order should redraw to reflect this.
skynet

Posted Mar 23, 2011 in: Search should space strip entered text
  • skynet
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2011
When you enter a search term (in http://www.toodledo.com/views/search.php), the search term should be stripped of trailing (and leading) spaces.

For example, I often copy/paste a word from an article and search for this in my todos. The word will usually have a trailing space e.g. "cruise " rather than "cruise". Even though I may have an item with the title "cruise", this will not be found because I searched for "cruise ".

As an IT guy, I know what is going on and can adjust (by manually removing the space), but the average person would just not find what they are looking for or assume that the system is broken.

Compare with how other sites (e.g. http://www.interglot.com/) do search, where it makes no difference to the results if you accidentally include a trailing space.
skynet

Posted Dec 22, 2010 in: Modification date problems
  • skynet
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2010
Hi,

I see 2.1.4 fixes many of these problems. Thanks!

A new problem I see is as follows.

1) check the checkbox next to a task
2) uncheck the checkbox next to a task
3) go into a task detail
4) exit back to the task list, and the task which was unchecked in (2) will now be checked!!
skynet

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: Modification date problems
  • skynet
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Hi, any idea when these bugs will be fixed? Thanks!
skynet

Posted Dec 15, 2010 in: Modification date problems
  • skynet
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2010
There are a whole number of problems with modification date which were all fine before 2.1.2:

a) when you go into a task and check/uncheck the tickbox, the modification date changes at the bottom of the screen. However, when you exit to list of tasks, half the time the modification date is still at the old date

b) sort by modification date is not respected. In the list of tasks, even when you have "Sorted by Date Modified" selected, it is not (for example, 15th Dec item might be listed after 9th Dec, and also in "More than 1 Month ago" even though it is today)

c) modification dates often thrown away on entry/exit to the app. For example, if the app has managed to display the correct modification date to a task (e.g. 15th Dec), then often when you exit the app and come back in, the mod date is often reset back to the original date (e.g. 14th Sept).

All of these things were working perfectly before, so you have introduced new bugs.

Version 2.1.3
iPod Touch
skynet

Posted Dec 15, 2010 in: Why don't Toodledo have a test suite?
  • skynet
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2010
Why don't Toodledo have a test suite which ensures that the software NEVER goes backwards in terms of quality (since it must pass all tests to be released)?

In the last version (2.1.2) I downloaded loads of very basic things which were working before were all broken (sort by date modified, remembering of date modified when exit/reenter app etc.).
skynet

• skynet
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2010
I have just rechecked this in Toodledo 2.0.0 and it still is a problem. Looking forward to the fix!
skynet

• skynet
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2010
OK, thanks for the update. I just checked if it was still a problem on the current Toodledo version (2.0.0) and it still is. I'll check back from time to time.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2010.
skynet

• skynet
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2010
The following problem occurs on an iPod Touch (iPhone).

When I have a todo and I add a note, things are OK until the note becomes longer than the size of the screen left for the note. At that point it is impossible to read the note without clicking "Edit Note". Now, look what I have to do here, to simply READ a note I many have to click EDIT note! I don't think this should be the case. I think that notes of any length should be readable simply by scrolling. This is exactly how it works for example in the "Contacts" and "Calendar" applications on the iPhone; if I have a contact or calendar event, and I had a very long "Note" field, that field is readable when I view the item, though I may of course have to scroll the screen.

I think that Toodledo in this case is therefore using the wrong user interface element to do the notes. Sure, it looks cute, but that's no good if the usability sucks. And it's really not user-friendly that if I have a long note, I cannot read it without editing it.

Whaddya think Toodledo folks?
skynet

• skynet
  • Posted: May 18, 2010
I suspected as much. OK, thanks, looking forward to seeing it working again.
skynet

Posted May 17, 2010 in: Thanks for new improved features!
  • skynet
  • Posted: May 17, 2010
Just a quick note to say thanks for the new improved features (1.6.3). In particular, I like the "Note" being displayed directly you view a ToDo rather than having to click another button (which was sooooo tiresome). I also like the option to have the banners "Today", "Last 7 days" etc.

Keep up the good work! Great app, I use it all the time.
skynet

• skynet
[This problem found on Toodledo 1.6.3 on iPod Touch]

In the past when I was looking at a list of ToDos, whenever I went into a particular ToDo to look at the detail, and then returned to the list of ToDos, the list was in the same place I left it. This was extremely user-friendly behaviour. Now, in the new version 1.6.3 it "forgets" where it was and always puts you at the start of the list (Grrr!).

This is extremely annoying. When you are, say, going through a list of 50 ToDos one-by-one and looking at the detail of each one, each time you view one, and then return to the list, you are no longer where you were in the list, and you have to scroll down again however many pages away the item was you chose to view. As well as having to do the page scrolling, the eye still has to find out where you were. Even on the first page of ToDos this is annoying, since I would in the past scroll to have the current item at the top of the page, where it would be when I came back to the list view; now when I come back the list is set again to show the list from the start, and my eye has to hunt on the screen for where my "current" Todo is in the list.

Toodledo folk, did you do this change on purpose, or is it something which you didn't realise you had changed? In any event, can we have it back as it was?! Or if you have chosen to make it work as it currently does, can we have as an option to have "remember my place scrolling"?

Thanks!
skynet

• skynet
Great! Thanks.
skynet

• skynet
  • Posted: May 12, 2010
Are the following bugs (using version 1.6.2 on iPod Touch)?

1) When I click the check box for a task, it adds a line "Completed on ...". However, if I now click the checkbox again, the checkbox unchecks, but the message remains; there is now a contradiction in the display with the checkbox implying the task is no longer completed, but the message saying that is. You might say that the message only appears if the check box is checked but not the other way round, but this is not true; if you go into a task which is already checked and thus already has the message "Completed on ...", and then uncheck the check box, the "Completed on ..." message will correctly disappear. So the message disappears in this second scenario but not the first! Worst still, if you now check the checkbox again, the "Completed on ..." message does not appear!!

To me, the correct behaviour seems to be obvious: at every moment, when you check the checkbox, the "Completed on ..." message immediately appears, and when you uncheck the checkbox, the "Completed on ..." message immediately disappears.

2) There is a similar (though slightly different) problem with the modified date. The modified date does not update at all when the checkbox is checked, but yet the modified date has changed (which can be verified by only checking the checkbox, exiting the task, and returning to the task).

It seems to me that, since the "Completed on ..." is updated in real-time, the correct behaviour is also to update the modified date directly in real-time at the moment the user clicks on the check box.

Anyway, something to fix or not?