ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jirvin_4505"
jirvin_4505

Posted Sep 26, 2011 in: Better Calendar Syncing
Score: 1
Posted by jirvin_4505:
Posted by Toodledo:
There is not currently a way to jump from the iPhone Calendar to Toodledo from a particular task. I'll look into it.

Maybe there is?
I did some testing ..

When you send a task from toodledo to your email address it includes a link back to toodledo - hidden under 'link to iOS App'

When I copy this ie.. toodledo://toddledo.com/task..... address and paste it into a calender note the link will work as a direct trackback to and open Toodledo- the same way a url in the calendar notes section will trackback to safari and open.

Toodledo calendar syncing already generates a note holding the task information. So I wonder why can't you configure the synching note to contain the trackback iOS link as generated when a task is sent as an email?

Did some further testing..
When the 'link to ios app' in its expanded form is included in the notes of a dated task it will serve as a link back to toodledo when that task appears in the calendar.

So is it as simple as implementing iOS link in calendar synched tasks?

cheers jeff

> re my desire to have calandar link back to iOs app just like an emailed task links back to iOs app?
A little more info on this....

I recently changed my calandar app on the iPhone and it shows (in the notes) the link back to the web version of the toodledo task. This has given me some method to go directly to the toodledo task from a calandar alert- thanks.

I was wondering if when toodledo syncs with the iphone app can it place the iOs app link in the toodledo notes section for the task? That way when toodledo adds dates to my calandar there will be a link back to the iOs?

cheers Jeff
jirvin_4505

Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
Search is still there above the top item in the list. Just drag your finger down to scroll the list down by one row.

thanks for that - i have found it - great
jirvin_4505

I have taska on iPhone as alternate to toodledo while deciding which to use

Just tried taska again and it crashes on sync with incomplete sync
jirvin_4505

I think I lost search with this update
I'm sure I was able to go to list all tasks then hit the top of the screen and a search box would open

Have I missed something? Is it somewhere else now?

Cheers jeff
jirvin_4505

Posted Apr 02, 2011 in: Better Calendar Syncing
Score: 2
Posted by Toodledo:
Well, that is an interesting idea. ...

Ta..

Looks like the iPad is not suitable for this tweak.

I couldn't get links to work in synched notes to iPad calendar - may have to investigate an alternate calender app for the iPad.

Found some discussion the lack of linking with ipad..

Apple - Support - Discussions - How can I add URL link in the calendar ...
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa;jsessionid=EB829C83C0B3A65BCD423E29C821C3B8.node0?messageID =12807271

cheers Jeff

This message was edited Apr 02, 2011.
jirvin_4505

Posted Apr 01, 2011 in: Better Calendar Syncing
Posted by Toodledo:
There is not currently a way to jump from the iPhone Calendar to Toodledo from a particular task. I'll look into it.

Maybe there is?
I did some testing ..

When you send a task from toodledo to your email address it includes a link back to toodledo - hidden under 'link to iOS App'

When I copy this ie.. toodledo://toddledo.com/task..... address and paste it into a calender note the link will work as a direct trackback to and open Toodledo- the same way a url in the calendar notes section will trackback to safari and open.

Toodledo calendar syncing already generates a note holding the task information. So I wonder why can't you configure the synching note to contain the trackback iOS link as generated when a task is sent as an email?

Did some further testing..
When the 'link to ios app' in its expanded form is included in the notes of a dated task it will serve as a link back to toodledo when that task appears in the calendar.

So is it as simple as implementing iOS link in calendar synched tasks?

cheers jeff

This message was edited Apr 01, 2011.
jirvin_4505

Posted Mar 30, 2011 in: Better Calendar Syncing
Posted by Toodledo:
6) The URL for each task will now point back to a page on Toodledo where you can see that one specific task that you clicked on.

Not sure if I am getting the url.

I have had the toodledo synch with iphone calendar for some time. Tasks with a date appear as expected on my iphone calendar.

I have wished that there was a way to click on a link in the calendar event so that i could go to the task in the toodledo app on my iphone.

Is this what this what 6) is hinting at? I can't find the url link back to toodledo

cheers jeff

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011.
jirvin_4505

Posted Jul 13, 2010 in: iPhone app version 2.0.2
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the calendar bug. .. In the meantime, you can work around this bug by using the button in the upper right corner to switch to the old wheel picker.

wheel picker?
cant see this anymore. When i select custom date i get the calendar and say i pick the 15th the 14th is returned to the task - im working around by selecting a day ahead

per peterw ... wheel picker returns correct date - ta

This message was edited Jul 13, 2010.