ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by yanesh.tyagi"
yanesh.tyagi

Posted May 27, 2018 in: Delete all habits and start over again
Score: 0
How do I delete all habits and start over again?
yanesh.tyagi

When I subscribe Toodledo calendar in my outlook, all tasks are scheduled at wrong time. I use due date and time for tasks. I do not use start date/time. When I subscribe Toodledo calendar in outlook, all tasks shifts earlier by the time specified in the length field.

For example, if I set a 1.5 hour meeting at 7:30pm(due time) in toodledo, in outlook it is shown in the time slot 6:00 to 7:30 pm.

What I think is that toodledo calendar schedules the task to finish by the due time, which is causing problem in the outlook. I want task to be scheduled from due time. I do not want to use start time because of two reasons - 1. it will add extra field and clutter my screen. 2. Toodledo will not give reminder if I use start date/time instead of due date/time.

Any workaround for this issue?
yanesh.tyagi

Posted Dec 12, 2009 in: Tabs as a list
Many thanks to Di.Mon. Now I can have as many folders and contexts as I want. I had a very hard time to putting all my tasks into limited number of folders because of tab issue.

I uses folders for projects and contexts for location and resources.
yanesh.tyagi

Posted Dec 02, 2009 in: Import data from Thinking Rock
@jskurnick
Wow! It worked. Thanks jskurnick.

I just try a test and it worked. So, I can do this in the following manner (writing for the benefit of other users)

TR Allows me to export data to either Text (which I think is CSV) or XML format. It also provides interface to structure your XML, choose columns, much like Toodledo. So I can configure my XML as per Toodledo requirements. Now I can import this XML in toodledo.

But there some issues -

1. Thinking Rock provides me many text fields like thought, vision and brainstorming apart from notes field. Out of these, I use thought and vision fields heavily and these are very useful too. Hoe can I import these fields in toodledo? toodledo provides only one text field - note.

2. TR priorities are in text format such as Must, Should, Could etc. While Toodledo priorities are in low, med and high. How can I map this data?

Yanesh Tyagi
yanesh.tyagi

Posted Dec 01, 2009 in: Import data from Thinking Rock
TR Exports data in XML file in the following format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<actions>
<action>
<desc>Write a blog post about toodledo</desc>
<notes />
<created>20091201073942</created>
<done>false</done>
<done-date />
<thought-key>T1</thought-key>
<thought-desc>Describe how I am using it.</thought-desc>
<project-key>P221</project-key>
<project-desc>My Blog</project-desc>
<topic-key>TPC0</topic-key>
<topic-desc>None</topic-desc>
<context-key>CTX1</context-key>
<context-desc>Laptop</context-desc>
<state>INACTIVE</state>
<action-date />
<scheduled-date />
<scheduled-duration />
<due-date />
<time />
<priority />

Field Description:
All fields are self explanatory. The format for <created> field is - YYYYMMDDhhmmss (date and time of creation of task).

This is the one action. I hope this describes the structure of the XML. If you need I can send entire XML file offline. (Cannot post it into a public forum for obvious reason)
yanesh.tyagi

Posted Nov 30, 2009 in: Import data from Thinking Rock
Hi,

I am using Thinking Rock and now switched to Toodledo beacuse of online facility. But I am not sure how can I import my projects, actions and someday/maybe tasks from TR to Toodledo. Can somebody suggest a way to do so?