Search results for "Posted by a+a"
a+a

Posted Jan 18, 2010 in: Another Simple Theme
Score: 0
  • a+a
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2010
  • Score: 0
neither do I... just used common sense:
for the color selection, find whatever palette shows you the color you choose in web format. I know there are some online (look in makeuseof.com), or use something like pickpick tools (google it). I would also recommend using something better than notepad to do the editing. Notepadd++ is way better, and portable, and will highlight each pair of (), [], {}, etc. so editing is easier.
Anyway... once you got that, open your script and look for the class descriptors/names. For instance, about 3/4 along the script you will find something like "\n\n.pri2 {\ncolor: #ff8400 !important;\n}" My guess was "pri2" refers to priority2, so changed the color there. You will also find some other stuff that is not that hard to figure out, such as font weight, etc.
Hope this helps a bit.
Best regards.
a+a

Posted Jan 17, 2010 in: Another Simple Theme
  • a+a
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2010
I'm actually using this as a greasemonkey script, and managed to change some things. Simple stuff, though.
Changed medium priority weight to normal, kept green color.
Changed high priority to orange, kept bold weight. It does work nicer.
Thanks again!
a+a

Posted Jan 17, 2010 in: Another Simple Theme
  • a+a
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2010
WOW! That was fast! Thanks a lot, Vin! I really think it works better... (and here comes the but...) but, after the switch, I realized that now I'm not so sure about blue for high priority, like it just doesn't show the level of importance it should. So, how about orange? To go from black->green or blue->orange->red would make more sense, don't you think?
I really don't know how hard it is for you to test this, to see how it looks/works; you know... to change code; so I'll just leave it up to you.
GOD! I hate the people who just keep asking for changes! :D

Thanks a LOT!
Keep'em coming!
Best regards.
a+a

Posted Jan 15, 2010 in: Another Simple Theme
  • a+a
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2010
I was using toodlethings and then noticed this one. WOW. Great job on the minimal design! Toodlethings was somewhat slow, but this is just fantastic.
One thing I noticed are the colors of priorities. IMHO, the current color scheme is not that appropriate. I mean, negative should be gray, low(0) should be normal, medium(1) should be green, high(2) should be blue, and top(3) should be red. Right now I keep looking at the medium tasks because of the red; just like you are using red to focus overdue dates.
Anyway, great great theme. Using it right now.
Thanks a lot!

any chance of developing a dark theme based on this?

*EDIT*
Sorry... just found the other topic on the color of priorities. If this can be done within the coding of the style, then awesome, if this is part of toodledo, I guess I'll have to get used to it.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2010.