ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Dr.Asimov"
Dr.Asimov

Posted Aug 27, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
Posted by Philippe L:

Hard to believe TickTick is better than Toodledo!

I moved to TickTick a couple of months ago and I'm very happy. I think it all depends on your needs. In my case being able to have a kanban view was a killer feature for me. While at Toodledo for me (I have to deal with lots of 'projects' and the same time) it was very difficult to see what I was working on and each project tasks. In TickTick this is a breeze.I never really used tasks length, duration, etc and being on top of my tasks at any given time is more important for me.

As a side note, TickTick is being actively developed, a sign that you will have support and influence in new features.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2020.
Dr.Asimov

Pardon me, I think it was a poor choice. Todoist has a nice interface but lacks many Toodledo features. There are other tools that can replace your use of Toodledo depending on your needs like said RTM, ClickUp and TickTick.
Dr.Asimov

Posted Dec 13, 2018 in: 'Hotlist' doesn't work properly
This option exists. In the past I used to go to the Hotlist but later discovered Saved Searches, a much more powerful option. There are good reviews about it in this forum. With Saved Searches you can build your highly customized 'Hotlist'. For instance, my go-to list now is my 'Active Tasks" list that is a Saved Search with lots of customized filters. My list shows only active tasks (Next Action, Wating, Delegated), any task with star, excludes planning or 'inbox' tasks (tasks with fields not properly completed) with a horizon of 45 days (so I don't see tasks due too far in the past or future). Then I sort my list by Due Date, Priority, Length:

Match All criteria
Checked Off = no
AND
Status is Next Action
OR Starred = yes
OR Status is Waiting
OR Status is Delegated
AND
Folder is not No Folder
AND
Due Date is in the 45 days
OR Due Date doesn't exist
OR Due Date was in the last 45 days
AND
Status is not Active
AND
Status is not Planning
AND
Status is not No Status
AND
Status is not Someday
Dr.Asimov

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
For me the two main features preventing me to jump to other tool is the very flexible repeating tasks and custom searches.
Dr.Asimov

Posted May 29, 2018 in: Android App Updates 6.5 through 6.6.7
Great improvements, thanks. I would like to have offline lists. Example, I'm at a supermarket and consulting a list, but everytime I open the same list to check off an item is like the app is downloading the list again.
Dr.Asimov

Posted Jun 20, 2017 in: New Layout
Please make the New Layout permanent, or at least a setting for the user so that he’ll never ever have to deal with it again. Every time I switch to my Lists and then back to my Tasks, what I see is the old tasks page with the exclamation mark icon telling me to switch to the ‘New Layout’ again. Annoying.
Dr.Asimov

I use Hotlist view because it is very useful. However, if I try to find a task typing 'F' and then typing a string, the results are limited to the tasks listed in the Hotlist view.

I would like to be able to see results for all my tasks containing that string, even if they are not listed in the Hotlist view.

Is that possible?

Thanks!
Dr.Asimov

It would be nice to simply tap in any recognizable phone number in task title or notes and have the phone dial it. This is something from Todoist that I used and it is very handy. I'm using Toodledo for Android and this feature does not seem to be available.

Similarly, any date text could be used to open default calendar app in that that to create new appointment, for instance.
Dr.Asimov

Score: 1
I really would like to be able to open an attachment instead of being forced to download it. For instance, clicking on an image would open it in the default visualization application (or in my web browser). Sometimes I just want to glance at an image or document, but have all the work of downloading, opening, closing the program and then deleting the attachment from my computer.

Please forgive me if it is already possible, in that case would like to know how to accomplish it.