Thank you David, very interesting
Z.
zjkarim

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: IPhone, Voice Memos, Toodledo
Score: 0
  • zjkarim
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thank you both for the good ideas so far.
Any others?
Z
zjkarim

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: IPhone, Voice Memos, Toodledo
  • zjkarim
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2010
Hello,
I wondering if someone has tried to get their iPhone voice memos to be converted to text and then the task automatically added to Toodledo as a task?

I was able to use the free Dragon Dictation app to capture a voice memo and then email it to myself using gmail and then later I went to my desktop computer and manually added it to Toodledo. I was just looking to see if there was a better way and if people actually use this method at all?

If there is a free /inexpensive method all the better.
Thanks!
Z
zjkarim

• zjkarim
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2010
@PeterW
Thanks, as you can probably tell, I need to spend some time with the program. I quickly added a bunch of tasks and, apparently, set a bunch of priorities, due dates, repeats, etc.. and now have just confused myself because there's too much information showing with tasks repeating and also being overdue, etc.. :)
I just need to work with it for a while, without confusing myself!
Z
zjkarim

• zjkarim
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2010
@davidholiday
Thank you. I had already purchased Appigo ToDo and I have now also purchased Toodledo.

I think for me, currently it's all overkill and I find that I'm trying to learn the Toodledo website, Toodledo app (with its differences to the website) and GTD in general. I did way too much research at the beginning to spend a whopping $10 for ToDo :), but I decided to get the Toodledo app so that everything was labeled consistently across the board. I've found that I just add things to the Google calendar and they show up on my iPhone and I'm happy. BUT this is temporary and I really want to make good use of Toodledo's website and app.

Can someone help me here, in Proximo's videos, he has the following columns: Task, Folder, Context, Due Date/Time, Length, Repeat. How does one go about showing only those columns?

Sorry for the rample,
Z
zjkarim

Posted Jan 29, 2010 in: Updated Toodledo iPhone app
  • zjkarim
  • Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Awesome iPhone app (and I already have Appigo's Todo).
I would like to put my vote in for updating the Sub Tasks to be able to choose between indented or inline.

BTW, I like the name Toodledo, I think it's fun, so there!!!! :)
Z
zjkarim

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: Getting Started guide?
  • zjkarim
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2010
Thanks Chris,
I have started to look over that thread and have started to use it (but I've gotten some of my original tasks "lost").
Have a great day,
Z
zjkarim

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: Getting Started guide?
  • zjkarim
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2010
Hello,
I'm new to Toodledo, GTD and also the iPhone app (I have all three). I would like to get myself more productive, but am somewhat lost in my organization of it all.

What would you suggest as a good way to get started?
Is there a "Manual" for Toodledo or for the iPhone app?
There is a big difference between the iPhone app and the website!
Have you thought about collecting together some of the information to create one?
What about a FAQ or Getting Started guide?
BTW, I just found out that if you have a task and set it up on your iPhone to alert you in 15 minutes unless you have synced to the website, it won't alert!
Can the alert be set at 5 minutes? or how about a "snooze" to re-alert you? Is this possible for the future?

Thanks for listening!
Z
zjkarim

• zjkarim
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Thank you so much Claudio, that was very helpful.
I think I will give the Toodledo app a try.
I shouldn't have trouble syncing both to the Toodledo website, should I?
Thanks!
Z
zjkarim

• zjkarim
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Hello,
I'm new, so be gentle with me please! ;)

I got an iPhone for the holidays and am still getting used to it.
I purchased Appgio Todo app since people were raving about it.
I'm also using Toodledo.com, Gmail and Google Calendar.
And, I'm still re-reading and listening to GTD audiobook and am trying to develop my system!

So, in your opinion, what is the best setup:
1. Using Toodledo's Website and Toodledo's iPhone app or
2. Using Toodledo's Website and Appigo's Todo app.

Obviously I want the most functionality. So what do you think? What might be the limitations of one over the other?

Proximo, I'm very interested to hear what you have to say, since I am thinking about using your GTD setup to overhaul my current setup, since its not working for me.

Thank you for your opinions and time.

P.S. WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, please don't muddy the waters with other apps, I'm sold on these two.
zjkarim

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: iPhone Section on the Forums
  • zjkarim
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Any word if that will be available?
Also, since the iPhone app was recently updated is ther any listing of what's covered from the website and what's not?
Currently I use Appigo ToDo and would consider the upgrade here if certains things were covered in the iPhone app.
Thanks!
Z