ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jdreed99"
jdreed99

Posted Dec 20, 2021 in: AMA / Ask me Anything
Score: 3
  • jdreed99
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2021
  • Score: 3
In your email about this AMA you acknowledge that many previous users are on the fence about coming back. You bet we are! A big reason for that is because the previous owners threw us long time users under the bus. That wasn’t your doing, but now you have to clean up the mess. Also in today’s email was a special offer for “business” users. Where’s our special offer? That’s what I want to know: how do you plan to patch things up with those of us who couldn’t use the new user sweetheart deal, and can’t use whatever you have cooking for businesses, but stayed loyal to Toodledo, year after year?
jdreed99

Score: 0
  • jdreed99
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2021
  • Score: 0
I got your email about the ownership change on Oct. 8, and I’m cautiously optimistic, with the emphasis on the cautious part. But here’s what I wrote on this forum in March, 2020:

I abandoned Toodledo after ten years, during which time I recommended the product to many others.

How can we possibly trust this company with all the promises that we've heard? As other posters have said, we will believe it when we see it.

Even if you make good on all the things you're saying now, I feel Toodledo completely burned us long-time customers when you jacked up the cost for us but offered bargain lifetime subscriptions to new customers. I will not even consider returning to doing business with this company without some kind of similar deal.

I still feel the same way today. I’d like to see the new team acknowledge the shabby treatment of long time customers, since the old team never did that, let alone apologize.

But the fact remains the Toodledo is the best product out there. The alternative I use now is okay but falls distinctly short. I decided to reactivate my account so I can watch what’s going on and maybe- maybe- try a paid account again in the future. We’ll see.
jdreed99

Posted Mar 04, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 7
  • jdreed99
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2020
  • Score: 7
I abandoned Toodledo after ten years, during which time I recommended the product to many others.

How can we possibly trust this company with all the promises that we've heard? As other posters have said, we will believe it when we see it.

Even if you make good on all the things you're saying now, I feel Toodledo completely burned us long-time customers when you jacked up the cost for us but offered bargain lifetime subscriptions to new customers. I will not even consider returning to doing business with this company without some kind of similar deal.
jdreed99

Posted Dec 02, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
Score: 4
  • jdreed99
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2019
  • Score: 4
I just found this thread today when I realized my Toodledo subscription expires next month and I got to wondering, "what happened to all the new and improved features we were promised when they tripled the price a year ago?"

I have been using this product for 10 years and just reading this thread I've gone from a enthusiastic supporter of the product who recommended it to many others, to a pissed off user, unlikely to renew.

The explanation for the huge price increase was that the company needed cash to fund all the improvements. I was lucky because I was able to renew at my old rate before the end of 2018. I have a very hard time understanding why the same product I've paid $20/yr is suddenly worth $60/yr. with no added value received whatsoever. If the improvements we'd been promised materialized, I might feel the product is worth it.

Now I learn that a killer deal was offered through StackSocial but only to new users. For somebody like me, a long time loyal user, I feel like Toodledo just gave me the finger. Well, that can work both ways, right?

If Toodledo had offered me the chance to renew at my old rate for several years, I probably would have jumped at the chance, but by now I would still be wondering where the new features were, and why users were being expected to finance those.

I don't know what other product I will switch to, since I haven't started looking yet. A few people have mentioned RTM. That's what I used before I found Toodledo, and although it did a pretty good job, I kept wondering, "Why can't they add this or that feature?"-- things that seemed obvious for a task management app. (Judging from the RTM forums at the time, lots of people wondered the same thing.) Then I found Toodledo and it does everything I wanted. I would be very happy if they just left the product alone and charged a fair price, but instead they gouge us for a bunch of never-delivered "improvements."

All those issues about the codebase and the cash needed to upgrade and improve stuff--all of that should have been sorted out when the current owners bought it. To put those costs on the backs of the users while offering a bunch of excuses about why the improvements never materialize seems like a crummy way to run a business. It doesn't seem like Toodledo is somebody I want to do business with anymore, and that's fine because it doesn't seem like they want my business anyway.
jdreed99

Score: 1
  • jdreed99
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2011
  • Score: 1
The sidebar is perfect. Very slick. You guys are great.
jdreed99

• jdreed99
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2010
I really like the fixed toolbar, but see a slight problem in FF 3.6.10. On my 1024 wide monitor, at first I couldn't see the new scrollbar without scrolling to the right first. So I took out a column and tweaked the width of the others but I still can't see the scrollbar because the text, "There is also 1 old completed subtask that is not displayed. Show." pushes the right edge of the table over. If you could move that text more to the left it would ease that problem. But the scroll wheel on the mouse works fine too, if moving the text isn't an option.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2010.
jdreed99

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
  • jdreed99
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
You guys are the best! I just noticed that a minute ago. Not having to scroll to the right to add a note will be wonderful. Thanks so much.