ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by user50"
user50

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • user50
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2018
  • Score: 0
That's good thanks, I haven't migrated by Habits yet so I didn't want it to disappear!
user50

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: New Privacy Policy: Advertisements
Score: 3
  • user50
  • Score: 3
I went back and checked the Todoist privacy policy just to make sure I hadn't jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Theirs is much more appropriate:

"Todoist also collects aggregated, anonymous user data regarding app usage. The user data we collect is used to improve Todoist and the quality of our service. We only collect personal data that is required to provide our services, and we only store it insofar that it is necessary to deliver these services."

Adverts:

"Ad servers

We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies."

Encryption:

"Q: How is personal data encrypted?

A: When user data is stored in servers and databases, Doist uses AES 256 encryption. When the data is being sent or received, it is encrypted with TLS 1.1 or above. Data backups on our server are encrypted with AES256 and signed by RSA with 2048 key length."

https://todoist.com/privacy

This message was edited Oct 24, 2018.
user50

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • user50
  • Score: 1
Am I right in assuming that the absence of Lists, Outlines and Habits means that these features will be removed?
user50

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: New Privacy Policy: Advertisements
Score: 1
  • user50
  • Score: 1
Thanks for posting that, I'm glad I migrated to Todoist and deleted all of my Toodledo tasks before this new policy came into effect on 22/10.

This bothers me:

"We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to form a picture of what we think may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you and tell you about them."

"We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see Cookies below, including the cookie list, for more information about who those third parties are."

This is unacceptable in a paid service, I imagine many Toodledo users hold personal and/or confidential information on Toodledo.

(Link to the old privacy policy: https://web.archive.org/web/20171107215029/https://www.toodledo.com/info/privacy.php)

This message was edited Oct 24, 2018.
user50

Posted Oct 19, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
  • user50
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Posted by Antal:

Are we grandfathered in our current plan? And keep our original prices for as long as we keep our subscription active?
Or does it mean that they are increasing the rates with 300%, as soon as there is an automatic (!) renewal?

They aren't using the term 'grandfathering' properly. Your understanding of the term is correct. You will be charged the new, higher, rate at your next renewal.
user50

Score: 4
  • user50
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
  • Score: 4
We're comparing Toodledo's new pricing to competitors but I don't think the new owners have arrived at the new pricing by looking at competitor pricing.

My theory:

A group of non-developers have acquired Toodledo and now they need one or more developers to do the real work.

They're approaching Toodledo as a startup but Toodledo is a mature, and probably crufty, system. Some mature systems are hard to maintain and change in fundamental ways. If you want to make big changes you either modify the existing code or you start from scratch.

Neither approach is easy especially across multiple platforms. However development is easier and cheaper if you dump some lesser-used functionality such as Habits, Outlines and other features missing from the new price list.

The new owners probably have a quote of $X from contractors or recruiters and then they've divided $X by the number of existing subscribers to work out how much each of us will pay.

This approach funds the new development but puts Toodledo out of kilter with the rest of the market.
user50

• user50
Posted by J.O.D.:
[quote]When you go to Profile/My subscription, does it say up the screen Expires or Renews? The latter is auto renewal, the first is OK. Also, there should be Manage subscription button up there too.

Thanks for that, mine says:

Current Subscription:Gold | Expires On: Feb 9, 2019 | Remaining Days: 114

So does this mean my subscription will end on 9th Feb and not be automatically renewed?

I don't have a manage subscription button.
user50

• user50
I'd like to know how to do this as well please. I can't find a cancel button.
user50

Score: 9
  • user50
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 9
Posted by bakerbits:
I doubt new customers will be coming in when they have lots of cheaper and prettier alternatives.

I agree with your points and this one especially. Today I shopped around for a task manager for the first time in ten years and the competition is definitely cheaper, prettier and more functional. The new owners are pushing away the easy revenue (people like me) and making themselves less attractive to new customers.

I hope I'm wrong but I think Toodledo just put themselves into a death spiral.

With that in mind I migrated away from Toodledo today and deleted all of my tasks because if they do go under I don't want my data lying around in an uncontrolled database somewhere.
user50

Score: 2
  • user50
  • Score: 2
Posted by KatBoy:
What did you find?

I went with Todoist but there are plenty of choices, I used https://alternativeto.net/ to find popular alternatives. Apologies for being coy, I was trying to avoid diverting this thread into a debate about alternatives!

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
user50

Score: 2
  • user50
  • Score: 2
Posted by M:
Also a little nervous, because short of writing my own cloud-based SQL database for my tasks, I'm not sure what I can use.

I had the same concern, Toodledo is very ingrained as part of my home and work life.

However, the price increase annoyed me so I forced myself to spend a couple of hours this morning playing with a competing service. It went better than I thought so now I've migrated all of my data to that system and bought their premium subscription. It has a more modern interface, better mobile apps and it accommodates my personal approach to contexts, priorities and folders without any weird workarounds.

My new service doesn't have Habits functionality but I think they're going to be removed from Toodledo anyway.

There's a lot of choice out there and I was surprised at how far some of the other services had progressed during my 8 years of using Toodledo.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
user50

Score: 10
  • user50
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2018
  • Score: 10
I'm looking for an alternative because the new price is too high. I've been a paid subscriber since 2010 and I am a heavy user of Toodledo at home and work.

The lack of updates, the poor iOS apps and the empty promises in these forums were bad enough but the dramatic price increase is the final nail.

The classy thing to do would be to release the "great new features" and then talk about price increases but the new owners might have become impatient and started grabbing before giving.

The really classy thing to do would be to protect your existing customer base and allow them to renew at their current rates indefinitely. It's much easier to keep existing customers happy than winning new customers.

Also notice that the price increase email doesn't mention Habits so we should expect that to disappear.

This message was edited Oct 16, 2018.