ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jodowick"
jodowick

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: How many open projects?
Score: 0
  • jodowick
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2010
  • Score: 0
I guess I'm not being very clear. What I'm wondering is if you all set a limit on the number of projects to have better focus. Let me give an example. A 30k foot goal is a peaceful, livable, welcoming home. Projects under that goal are: finish kitchen remodel, fix up downstairs bathroom, organize daughters room, remodel my bathroom, decorate my bedroom, paint all baseboards, new window treatments... the list goes on. I have all of those projects on my list but it just seems like a lot and doing little bits on each of them isn't moving me forward very quickly.

So, I guess this is more philosophical. Has anyone found a good mix between variety of projects but not to many "in process" at once. I like having a list with lots of tasks with options of length and effort but I don't like feeling like I have tons of half-finished projects.

GTD seems to support having them all as projects. None of them are "someday/maybe" items, in my opinion as I have already decided they will all happen. And, again, the variety of choices for what I "feel like" doing is good... but lack of actually completing projects is getting to me.

SO... I'm not really looking for how to use Toodledo, I'm looking for your philosophy or opinions on maximum number of projects in a particular area of your life.

Thanks so much!!!
jodowick

Posted Mar 26, 2010 in: How many open projects?
  • jodowick
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2010
Hello all. I'm still working thru how to make this all work for me. I was a die-hard FC Planning System user and the transition to GTD has been both natural and challenging.

That said, I find that I feel that I have to many active "projects" going at once. While I like the next action list and the flexibility to tackle things that I'm in "the mood" to deal with at that time, I feel like I have so many that I'm not really making much progress on anything.

I'm wondering if any of you have a particular philosophy or method for limiting the number of projects, maybe by area of focus in your life or something? Many of my projects are just things that I WANT to get done so I could shorten my active projects list. But, on the other hand, I'm not sure if less options on my next actions list would be good or not. I feel like it would be good.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
jodowick

Posted Mar 19, 2010 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
  • jodowick
  • Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Yes.... PLEASE add this feature - it would help SO much and save a lot of time.