ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Gez"
Gez

Score: 0
  • Gez
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2010
  • Score: 0
Having just tested it again today, I can now see the form with the headings etc, so I can't replicate the problem I was previously having.

I wonder if it was a temporary problem with the server or with my firefox - something that was causing it to time out again and again over a period of a couple of hours. I'm sorry I can't give you more useful information.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2010
I will do, thank you, although I've got my notes into toodledo now by copying and pasting.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2010
I was trying to import notes from a csv file, but there was nothing visible under the message "We found the following items in your CSV file. Please pick the proper column headings for your data and confirm that this is correct before continuing". No headings, no data. Then when I clicked on "save changes" I got the message "Sorry, but this import has timed out. Please start over."

I first tried this with a file that had been created in Excel, but when that repeatedly failed I tested it with a file created by toodledo (the notebook csv export). Same thing - browse fine, upload supposedly fine, then simply no data there.

What might be going wrong?
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2010
Sorry - I meant to thank you for this - I've been happily using this trick since.
Gez

• Gez
I see it's been mentioned before (http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2044/-9626/changing-the-units-of-the-length-column.html) but I shall add my plea.

I'd like to be able to choose the units of time and enter a number (with 2 decimal places). I'm measuring my durations in units of 25 mins (pomodoros, as they are called) and at the moment I'm entering them in the tags field. I'd love to be able to use the duration field, naming my own unit (pomodoro) and then see the totals added up.

Failing that, since I find it cumbersome on the iphone to enter the length with the scrolling wheel, could there not be an option to enter it from a number pad? If there were, I would probably use the length field rather than the tag field and enter the amount of minutes rather than numbers of pomodoros. I just hate that scroll wheel! It's easy enough to enter lengths quickly using the online app, but not so easy on the iphone as yet.
Gez

• Gez
Another related issue; when viewing all tasks by tag from the iphone main screen, a task tagged only with "0.2" is showing up in three places - under "0.2" and also under "2". That seems kind of buggy since it doesn't act like that in the online app, and it's inconvenient for me, because I'd like to be able to quickly add up these numbers from the "Tags" screen and the duplications are preventing me from doing that.

This message was edited Jun 05, 2010.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: May 14, 2010
Thanks. In the meantime, I'll try to remember to always click in the tag selection from the top to bottom - that should mean they are always sorted in the same way. It's just annoying if one is already selected, which is often the case - I'll have to deselect it first. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm glad it is on the to-do list.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: May 13, 2010
When I sort by tag on my iphone, many todo's that have been assigned the same 2 or 3 tags are listed in separate groups. So, for example, one todo has tags "shorter, 2, 0.4" and another "2, 0.4, shorter", and they are not listed together.

I know that it makes tagging easier when they can be entered freestyle, as a text string, but surely each tag should be processed as a separate entity when it comes to sorting etc.

I see that in the webapp the tags in the columns are written out also as they are in the text string field. And yet when viewing todo's by tags in the webapp, or selecting pre-defined tags in both the webapp and the iphone app, the tags are recognised as discreet.

Suggestion: Once tags are assigned and the dialogue exited, could they not be sorted within the tags text field into the same order in which they appear in the tag selection dialogue? The alternative is a lot of cutting and pasting which defeats the purpose of having the dialogues to quickly assign tags.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: May 12, 2010
(iphone app)

I can't get the view of tasks I'm looking for. I am using tags to note estimated and actual duration (related to the pomodoro method). I also use the priority field. If I sort by tag first then priority I can see the priorities, written in small type below the task name, but when I reverse the sort order and sort by priority then tag, the tags are not displayed anywhere. Is this deliberate or an oversight?

I'd really like an option to choose what's displayed. Sometimes I don't need to sort by a certain field but I really like to see what's written in it. In terms of views, this would add a lot of flexibility.

This message was edited May 12, 2010.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2010
Thank you. Somehow I didn't see that link. I've been using the grid view and the link was over to the right beyond my window space.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2010
After there was no reply here, I thought I should do some experimenting. Turns out that the symbol "~" sorts folders to the bottom both on the online version of Toodledo and also the iphone version.

Various symbols sort to the top - "." is one of them.
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2010
I've renamed some folders to begin with an underscore so that they sort to the bottom of the list (in the online toodledo), but in the iphone app the order is reversed - they are appearing above the folders without an underscore. Is there any documentation available saying how the sorting is done on each platform, so I can get consistency?
Gez

• Gez
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2010
Having upgraded to pro, I wanted to consolidate some older projects using subtasks. I moved a few tasks under a new subtask but then decided to keep the projects as they were and move the tasks back to where they had been before.

However, I cannot move these subtasks now. If I view them flattened there is no hand icon, and I am prompted to click on the icon to load the parent. But when I load the parent, the subtask is not shown since it is completed too long ago.

I've tried various combinations of searches and filters to display completed subtasks but I have not worked out how to do it.

For me, subtasks are useless if there is no way of viewing all subtasks, including completed ones. Is there a way of doing this?