Search results for "Posted by jogo2"
jogo2

Posted Jul 20, 2019 in: Dangerous Bug
Score: 1
  • jogo2
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2019
  • Score: 1
Posted by Charlie5:
I've posted about this repeatedly. Happened to me just now. I created a search filter with the following:

Checked Off - Yes
Repeat is - Any

This will immediately find any repeat task that has not regenerated. I've made this a part of my daily routine.

Good idea. I just used it and found 2 tasks that didn't regenerate...

Thanks for posting this!
jogo2

Posted Jul 03, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
  • jogo2
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2019
  • Score: 0
Posted by Ummagumma:
I've posted this somewhere on this forum before, but I've completely changed the way I handle task attributes...

KISS rules... Make it so simple that your task attributes can sync to any service, and will be useful with most.

And the best thing is, this would work with almost anything.

I like it - a lot. Makes good sense. And takes care of my frustration with how most other services don't handle start dates the way I want. There's much for me to think about.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share it!

This message was edited Jul 03, 2019.
jogo2

Posted May 23, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jogo2
  • Posted: May 23, 2019
In my experience, Remember The Milk does a good job of importing the XML backup file from Toodledo.

BUT, the reason I haven't already switched to RTM is the handling of repeating tasks with start dates. I only use due dates to indicate a firm completion deadline (which many tasks don't have), while every task has a start date to indicate when I want it to start appearing on my custom lists. RTMs logic for creating the new task upon completion doesn't support this scheme. Instead, it adds a due date to the new task if there wasn't one previously, and doesn't advance the previous start date.

It appears that Toodledo is fairly unique in it's ability to handle start dates the way I use them. So I'm staying for now, with my fingers crossed...

Cheers,
- John

This message was edited May 23, 2019.
jogo2

Posted Dec 26, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jogo2
  • Posted: Dec 26, 2018
Posted by Ummagumma:
... By the way, I stopped using Start Date and designed a workflow to have very similar functionality without it, so I can now migrate to pretty much any platform or service.
. . .
Originally, I used Start Date to trigger an action or review of a task, based on my arbitrary best guess of when I should do something about it (a lot of times, just review it and assign a new Start Date). I used Due date to indicate an actual real deadline...

-- lots of good stuff snipped --

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this! Several interesting things for me to consider.

This message was edited Dec 26, 2018.
jogo2

Posted Dec 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • jogo2
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2018
Posted by Ummagumma:
... By the way, I stopped using Start Date and designed a workflow to have very similar functionality without it, so I can now migrate to pretty much any platform or service.

I have thought about trying this, after learning that most other services don't handle start dates the way I want, particularly with recurring tasks. "It's easier to put on slippers, than to carpet the whole world" seems appropriate...

Do you mind sharing briefly the key points of your workflow?

Thank you.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2018.
jogo2

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • jogo2
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2010
Thank you for the quick response.

Refreshing the task page works just as you said - thanks.

I do use due dates, but I don't use "remind me" , so I'd rather not have the "remind me" field taking up space on the task details page. With the addition of the bar at the bottom, I can no longer see the top of my notes without scrolling. Removing "remind me" would fix that for me.

- John
jogo2

Posted Jun 15, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • jogo2
  • Posted: Jun 15, 2010
Some issues that I've seen (using a 3GS, ver 3.1.3):

- start page setting doesn't always stay at "hotlist," rather it has reset for me a couple of times to "tasks home."

- fields seem to appear in a fixed order when viewing a task, regardless of the order chosen in task "fields and defaults"

- moving any field from the "used" to the "unused" group removes the bottom field from the task display, regardless of which field was designated "unused."

- there is no "remind me" field to re-order or designate as unused in "fields and defaults." It seems to be coupled with due date, but I'd prefer it to be independent.

Thanks.