• Score: 0
That was it - thanks.
daveway

Posted Oct 18, 2010 in: Arrow to Expand Task is gone
Score: 0
  • daveway
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2010
I'm not sure if I did something, but I've noticed the Arrow by each task (the icon right by the HAND icon) that allows you to expand the task to see Notes and all other attributes, is gone.

Is there a setting for that?

Did I do something to make it disappear?

Thanks
daveway

Score: 1
  • daveway
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2010
  • Score: 1
Bump on this.

Some segmentation of iCal is very necessary.
Either by Folder, Context, Tag - something.
But sharing ALL your tasks is pretty useless as it just clogs your calendar.

Thanks
daveway

Posted Aug 16, 2010 in: Saved Search for Collaborators
  • daveway
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2010
I want to make a saved search to show me the tasks I have assigned someone else.

I see the Assignor field, but this seems to just show me tasks that the other person has assigned me.

I know there is the Collaborators link and then I can click the person - but I want to make a saved search for just that person so it is a 1 click process.

Is this possible? If so how?

Thanks
daveway

• daveway
  • Posted: Aug 13, 2010
Ok - but few if any of the tasks with TAGS do not have any due date nor are they completed.

I mean to say that none of the around 90 tasks I have tagged show in any of the tag views on SLIM.

In addition, in regular Toodledo, I have completed tasks hidden as well as future tasks hidden, but all my Tagged tasks show up fine in their respective TAG groups.

Thanks
daveway

• daveway
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2010
When I view tasks in Slim via the TAGS section, I can see the Tags, and there is the correct number of tasks listed in the Tag, but when I enter the Tag to see it's tasks, it displays as EMPTY.

None of the Tags (when viewed in Slim) shows any tasks in them, though they all show the correct number next to the Tag name.

If I view the Tag in regular Toodledo it looks fine and also shows the correct number of tasks.

Am I missing something? Is something filtering out the tasks when in SLIM ?

Thanks
daveway

• daveway
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2010
I'm thinking this is not possible, but am curious if anyone has any ideas.

I would like to be able to show Project tasks that do not have a subtask that is a Next Action.

So I have all Project tasks in a folder called "Projects"

So I do a search first for folder=Projects + HAS SUBTASKS

This works well, except that I really only want to show Tasks in the Projects folder where the Subtasks themselves are Next Actions.

So my goal is to know which projects are lacking a Next Action.
The reason is that I often refer to the Next Action status view for the next thing to do.
So each morning I want to say, "hey, x project doesn't have an Next Action" and then assign one.
This way, as I go through the day working from the Next Action list, I know that I'm moving my projects forward.

Any ideas?

Thanks
daveway

Posted Jun 08, 2010 in: Synching from Toodledo to Outlook
  • daveway
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2010
I would also point out that Nas is using Outlook 2010 Beta.

Outlook 2010 is new and very different from previous versions.

I have about 5 Outlook plugins I've been using since Outlook 2003, through 2007, and none of them work with Outlook 2010 ---- yet.

So it really is up to the developer of the plugins to get them working with the latest version of Outlook.

And, as has already been mentioned, the developer of the Outlook Toodledo sync plugin is not Toodledo.
daveway

• daveway
  • Posted: May 25, 2010
I'm wondering what the handling of Negative Priorities and Deferred tasks (such as Waiting or Someday) are in Slim?

If I set a task to negative priority or to a waiting status, it does not hide the tasks, even though the filter to Hide both of those is set in the main Web interface.

Especially for Deferred status tasks, I'd really like to be hiding those statuses in Slim unless I go into the actual Status section. It would be nice if enabling the filter on the web interface would enable that behavior in Slim. It would be even more nice to have that option right in Slim, but I'd be fine with just having Slim emulate what filters are enabled in the Web interface.

Thanks
daveway

• daveway
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2010
Verified the fix.

Thanks Much.
daveway

• daveway
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2010
So I've noticed that when a Subtask is assigned a folder and viewed using the SLIM site, it does not display.

It displays in context, starred, and just everywhere else, but not in it's assigned folder.

In regular Toodledo it's fine, it just does this in the mobile SLIM site.

Any ideas?

Thanks
daveway

Posted Apr 29, 2010 in: How to View Assigned Tasks
  • daveway
Sorry to keep posting.

I figured that out too I guess.

If the user you're querying creates the SavedSearch in their own profile (ie a saved search for tasks with assignor of your username), then you can view it when you select that Collaborator.

Kind of hokey, but I guess it works.

----

Again - would be great to have a list of tasks you've assigned, ready and available to view.

But I'm good for the moment.

Thanks
daveway

• daveway
I would still like to see an easier way to show all assigned tasks. that would be very nice in a team environment.

Also, I don't see a way to save my Assigned task search.
When I select Collaborator the ability to save the Search goes away. Any way to remedy this?

Thanks
daveway

• daveway
Ok - I think I figured it out.

-First I need to change the Collaborator in the Search section.
I didn't realize you could change Collaborator in that section, don't know why.

-Second - You need to change the Assignor field for your search to be your "username" not "Myself"
Both options are there and you would think it would be "Myself" but clicking on the dropdown box shows my actual account username, which when selecting this displays what I want.

Thanks
daveway

• daveway
So if I understand correctly, you're saying that right now I should be able to go to the Search page and see at least all the tasks I've assigned to one specific person, individually, correct?

I can't yet look at ALL my assigned tasks to everyone in one view, but at least the ones I've assigned to any one person?

How do I do that then?
What criteria would I use for the search?

Thanks
daveway

Posted Apr 27, 2010 in: How to View Assigned Tasks
  • daveway
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Yeah that's what I thought it would do.
But if you choose Assignor and choose Myself it just shows you all your tasks, all of them.

You can choose another user if activated, but again that only shows you what THEY have assigned to YOU.

:(
daveway

Posted Apr 27, 2010 in: How to View Assigned Tasks
  • daveway
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
So the collaboration looks great so far.
But as a manger I want to assign tasks to someone and then have a list of tasks assigned so I check on their completion.

I can see how to assign tasks. And as the receiver I see how to view tasks assigned to me.
But as the Assignor I see how to view tasks I've assigned.

Yes I can go view their shared folder and look at the task, but it doesn't tell me any differentiation of that task.
How do I know or can I view the tasks that me as the Assignor have assigned to others?

Thanks