ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by NaomiR"
NaomiR

Posted Aug 21, 2019 in: Short character limit in Outline items
Score: 0
  • NaomiR
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2019
  • Score: 0
While copying and pasting text snippets into an outline, I noticed some items were being truncated. When I tried to type in the missing characters, nothing happened. I realized there is a 150 character limit on each item in an outline, but there is no indication within the outline, the Outlines tutorial, or the FAQs that there's a character limit. Since I was trying to organize URLs with notes about each link, a 150 character limit per item makes Outlines unusable for this task.

Can a 'characters left' indicator be added like on the note field for tasks? Alternatively, can the character limit be removed? (I have a paid subscription but didn't see any indication that the per-item character limit was affected by free/paid user.)
NaomiR

Posted Nov 25, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Score: 3
  • NaomiR
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2015
  • Score: 3
I agree with much of the positive feedback above. It is especially exciting to be able to batch edit from any view!

However, there are still two features that I am sorely missing: 1) The ability to manually multi-select tasks for batch edit, and 2) the option to add tags instead of always performing a replace on the tag field in batch edit mode. As I have seen mentioned elsewhere in the forums, there are many times that I want to update a group of tasks that are not uniquely defined by any of the metadata in TD for those tasks.

For example, during my GTD weekly review, I batch add 40 tasks that were collected outside of TD in the last week and give them all several tags, including an Inbox tag. Once I have processed several tasks in the Inbox tag (adding notes, due dates, context, additional tags, etc.), I want to remove only the Inbox tag from 5 tasks. There is nothing about the TD metadata that uniquely identifies those 5 tasks; they all have different contexts, due dates, and goals and they aren't the only 5 tasks with the Next Action status and the Inbox tag (along with different additional tags). Therefore, I can't construct a search to find only those 5 tasks unless I look specifically for the 5 Task Names; and even then, there is no way to remove just one tag from all of them without altering the other tags assigned to each task.

Essentially, I want to be able to operate on task tags the same way I operate on labels in Gmail, where I can manually select several emails and add/remove labels to/from all of the selected emails without affecting any of the other labels assigned to those emails. I recognize one or both of these features are not simple to implement, but would like to know if either of them are in the plans for future improvements.

Overall, I am thrilled with how well TD supports the power user without obfuscating basic functionality. It is one of the few applications I have found that handles both simple and complex/advanced functionality well. I think it is the only tool I have used that I always come back to no matter what else in my productivity workflow changes.
NaomiR

Posted Mar 10, 2015 in: Android app timer
Score: 0
  • NaomiR
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2015
  • Score: 0
Is a time frame for this functionality available yet? This is a critical function that I hope to see soon!