ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by todd.d.taylor"
todd.d.taylor

Posted Jul 26, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 0
In regards to Anant's message on July 13, 2020 (http://www7.toodledo.com/forums/1/27883/-124935/ios-341-update.html):

---
Toodledo v3.4.1 has been rolled out in the app store now.

Few steps that you should follow before updating to the new app:
1) On your current Toodledo App Settings, go to synchronization and then Account Login. See if you have account linked with Toodledo app or not.
2) If you have account linked, go to our web-version : toodledo.com on browser to see if all your data is there.
3) Delete the old app, download the new app from app store. Then go to settings --> Synchronization --> Enter Account Login.
4) All your data should be restored.
---

Item 2) only mentions the "If you have account linked" scenario. How about "If you don't have account linked", what is one to do? Is your data completely gone, or is the data still on your phone (I'm talking iPhone) somewhere and just not being recognized by the (flawed) updated TD app?

In my case (10-year TD user) I had linked my iPhone app with the web-version and was able to restore the data on my phone. But, in my wife's case (because she was uncomfortable putting her data on the web-version) there is no backup to restore from...so I guess her data has just been vaporized? Any advice would be appreciated.

If this were free software I guess it would be somewhat understandable, but still shocking, to lose data like this. But, when you have paid for something and successfully used it for years, and then to have your data just suddenly wiped out is really unforgivable. If her data cannot be recovered then I fully expect a refund and will be seeking other solutions.