ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by maringuy"
maringuy

Posted Jan 15, 2013 in: Repeating tasks at a specific time?
Score: 0
  • maringuy
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2013
  • Score: 0
I'm trying to set up repeating tasks that only become visible at a specific time (eg, I don't need to see the task until 5:00pm every day, so I only want the task to appear at 5:00pm and not before). I've tried using the time function in the "Start" field (and have chosen to hide future tasks), but the task always appears with all the other repeating tasks each day. Is this possible to do? If so, how?
Thanks much!
maringuy

Posted Aug 10, 2010 in: Newbie questions
  • maringuy
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2010
Thanks so much--very helpful.

If I could follow-up: I do have the "Hide future tasks" filter on, but neither method seems to work unless I also put in a Due Date as the same date. I would think that turning on the "Hide future tasks" filter and adding a Start Date would hide the task until the day it starts, but that doesn't seem to work (without the Due Date). Why is that and why does adding the Due Date solve the problem. Just trying to make sure I understand how all this works. Thanks again--wonderful program!
maringuy

Posted Aug 10, 2010 in: Newbie questions
  • maringuy
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2010
I am new to Toodledo (which seems fantastic) and I was hoping someone could help me with a couple of issues:

1) How does one edit the Tag list (add or remove tags in the drop down list)?

2) I would like to set up a bunch of repeating events but I don't want to see them until the day I need to do them -- then (after completing them) I want them to disappear until it's time for them to reappear (eg, daily check of website, backup files every 3 days, send agenda on 3rd Tuesday of the month, etc). I tried using the "Start Date" but the daily repeats just stay there visible after being completed. I saw a post that suggested giving them a Due Date on the same date--that seems to work but I can't figure out why--can someone explain this? Also, another post suggested using the Due Date modifier ">" without a Start Date. Does this work and how does this differ from using a Start Date? I'm just trying to understand all this--thanks so much for any help!