ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by splante1"
splante1

Posted Mar 24, 2011 in: Reminders
Score: 0
  • splante1
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2011
  • Score: 0
If you mark it complete, it will show up next month again with the new due date. The exact date will depend on whether you have it set to repeat from Due Date or Completion Date.
splante1

Posted Mar 22, 2011 in: Show tasks for a specific date?
  • splante1
  • Posted: Mar 22, 2011
You can do a search for the specific due date you want. Go to the search tab on the website.
splante1

Posted Mar 21, 2011 in: Hide completed task on check (iPhone)
  • splante1
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2011
The app is designed to work that way in case you decide you want to edit the task right after creating it.
splante1

Posted Mar 17, 2011 in: long-term projects
  • splante1
  • Posted: Mar 17, 2011
Being able to do a hierarchical outline(like in Word for example) in the notes field would be nice. That would a quick way to put a project plan into the notes of the project.
splante1

Score: -1
  • splante1
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2011
  • Score: -1
Toodledo does have the context field. That is a good field to use if you have a need to view tasks by customer. You can either look at tasks by the folder or by the context field. I use contexts similar to how the David Allen Company suggests you set them up for tasks in Outlook. Some of my contexts are:

.Projects - tasks that represent projects are assigned this
@Agendas - tasks that represent something that needs to be discussed with someone
@Computer - tasks for while at the computer
@Errands, @Home, @Phone, @WaitingFor - other example contexts
Someday/Maybe - tasks/projects I am not currently working on or ready to start working on

Using a period in front of projects puts it at the top of the list of contexts. Using the @ sign with action lists causes them to be listed together.

If you set up contexts like this, you could easily go to the @phone action list, for example, if you are near a phone and it would be a good time to make a call. And if you needed to talk about tasks related to a customer, you could look at a list based on the folders you set up.
splante1

Posted Mar 07, 2011 in: subtasks
  • splante1
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2011
I've got mine setup like the suggested setup for Outlook in some of the David Allen company white papers. I use the context field to separate out next actions from projects. Some of the contexts I use are:

.Projects - list of the projects I am working on
@Agendas - next actions that involve communicating with someone else
@Computer - next actions that require a computer
@Errands - next actions that are errands
@Home - next actions that can be done at home
@Waiting for - next actions that I'm waiting for others to complete
Someday/Maybe - things I would like to do in the future, but am not working on currently

The period in front of Projects makes sure it is at the top and the @ in the action lists make sure they are grouped together.

I've tried subtasks, but it makes it hard for me to get the right granularity for my next actions. A lot of projects do not necessarily need you to plan out every next action. I will sometimes put an outline in the notes field to serve as a project plan for my project tasks if I need more of a plan. David Allen often says that the next action can be thought of as a stake in the ground that you use to help you figure out where you are. For most projects, once you get going on the very next action, the next steps will follow. The key is to have all of the next actions, the next possible steps, somewhere you will have access to them.

This message was edited Mar 07, 2011.