ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by compcroft"
compcroft

Posted Jul 07, 2011 in: Sharing Feature
Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:

Also, we are not trying to be misleading. I dont believe that we imply anywhere that sharing works on the iPhone. On the App Store, the only mention of sharing is "... use the additional functionality available only on our website: file attachments, sharing/collaboration..." I think this is pretty clear that it is a website only feature. If there is somewhere else where you think we are being misleading, please let me know so that I can fix it.

I read something similar on your website where you describe the iPhone app, but it says this: "Securely sync your todo list with Toodledo.com for backup purposes, and to use the additional functionality available on our website: file attachments, subtasks, sharing/collaboration, forums, etc."
Which to me looks like.... "if you sync the app with the website, you can use the additional functionality of sharing, subtasks... etc..." Also, because I have read elsewhere that subtasks are supported when you sync so long as you upgrade to a pro account - I would assume that sharing tasks would also work if you sync them with the website. So perhaps re-wording that is a good idea. Also, when you click on the link for sharing, it tells you all about how sharing works, and doesn't mention anywhere that it is for the website only and doesn't sync with the apps. It may be an important disclaimer to add there.

My husband and I have been searching for an app that we can use to manage our shared daily routines... doing the laundry, making dinner... things like that. And because we can't find one that lets us share tasks, I end up doing everything because they are all on my list. Logging in to the computer to track simple daily tasks is a bit more effort than we are willing to put forth. We usually roll out of bed with our phones in our hands, so using an app is perfect. We also usually have routines that are a mix of shared tasks and personal ones, so being able to share individual tasks is really important.

Right now I have been looking at Lifenotes To-Do, and honestly I don't really like anything about the app.... but it will let me share individual tasks with anyone I want to, and will actually sync them to the app. So, we may give that a try...

This message was edited Jul 07, 2011.