ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Chris"
Chris

Posted Mar 16, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
  • Chris
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2020
  • Score: 0
My emailed request to cancel my subscription getting bounced back after 8 days isn't a good sign.
Chris

• Chris
  • Posted: Nov 05, 2018
Thanks martin.
Chris

• Chris
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2018
I'm hoping this means that emails will be back to normal from tomorrow, at least until next year...
Chris

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 4
  • Chris
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 4
I'm sure I saw something from you a while back along the lines that you wouldn't be changing prices for existing customers! A massive price hike at next renewal date doesn't sit well with that. Down to the free version for me after many years as a happy paying customer, I think.

EDIT – apologies, this was directed towards Aaron, obviously.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.
Chris

Posted Jan 22, 2016 in: Order of tags
  • Chris
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2016
Thanks a lot pawelkaleta, my preference must have got reset for some reason. Had a look for the option before posting this but didn't see it; obviously it was there though!
Chris

Posted Jan 18, 2016 in: Order of tags
  • Chris
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I've just come back to using Toodledo after several months away (long story). Most of the intervening re-skin is fine, but when I go to the 'tags' view, my tags are all over the place, in a seemingly random order, rather than being listed alphabetically as before. They are of little use to me as they are - how can I get them to show alphabetically again? TIA.
Chris

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: New Icons
  • Chris
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
The font size increase was some weeks ago now; I'm sure it was deliberate. I've sent a snip of the > problem by support ticket (see bottom task); what you describe is how it worked until now. I'm pretty sure it's not a browser problem. Either way though, I'm sorry, I don't have time to get into this at the moment. Thanks for replying so quickly.
Chris

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: New Icons
Score: -1
  • Chris
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
  • Score: -1
The ">" button you press to unfold a task so that you can see the details...once you've unfolded the task, the button disappears and there's no way to fold it back up again without reloading the page. Please tell me this is another error that will be fixed quickly rather than a design choice...

Also the fonts are now enormous and the sidebar width can't be adjusted, so far too many things get truncated, making it difficult and time-consuming to work out what's what.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so grumpy. It's just a nuisance when you've tailored your workflow to how things used to be for so many things to be changed, seemingly every time I log on at the moment, often breaking the workflow.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2015.
Chris

Posted Aug 12, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
Score: 3
  • Chris
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2015
  • Score: 3
That green '1' notification is bugging the hell out of me (like Dave above)! How can I make it go away?
Chris

Posted Mar 12, 2015 in: Tuesday Night Maintenance
  • Chris
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2015
I wouldn't put it that way - more of a kludgey workaround to compensate for missing functionality. ;) Yep, I'll have to go through it all again, just a nuisance about which it would have been nice to have a little warning. Not the biggest of deals, just a task I could have done without, implemented in a less smooth manner than it needed to have been.

I do have a lot of apprehension over the upcoming big changes to Toodledo that you've hinted at, though.

This message was edited Mar 12, 2015.
Chris

Posted Mar 12, 2015 in: Tuesday Night Maintenance
  • Chris
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2015
The sorting of special characters that I add in order to group my saved searches (similar to the well-known usage of the @ character under classic GTD; sadly necessary because there's no way of organising saved searches into folders or of manually re-ordering them) seems to be different today than previously, messing my list of searches up. Is that a result of this change? I really don't think people would mind if you told them in advance you were going to mess their workflow up rather than making 'secret preparations' to do so!
Chris

Posted Feb 15, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
  • Chris
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2015
Found another small problem with the new design - if you have a list that reaches to the bottom of the page and you add a new task, the new blue bar at the bottom is in the foreground, not the background, so it obscures part of the task that you're adding. (I use the non-grid view.)
Chris

Posted Feb 12, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
  • Chris
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2015
Yep, that's better, thanks - I realised that was probably why, but it's a nuisance when this happens with encrypted websites since the user can't tell what it is that isn't being encrypted, or whether the thing that the developer thinks isn't being encrypted is the thing that *actually* isn't being encrypted!

Thanks again for sorting quickly.
Chris

Posted Feb 11, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
  • Chris
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2015
This is new: warning triangle on the HTTPS padlock in Chrome, details:

Your connection to www.toodledo.com is encrypted with 128-bit encryption. However, this page includes other resources which are not secure. These resources can be viewed by others while in transit and can be modified by an attacker to change the look of hte page.

The connection uses TLS 1.0.

The connection is encrypted using AES_128_CBC, with SHA1 for message authentication and DHE_RSA as the key exchange mechanism.

Doesn't appear here in the forums, only on a task page.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2015.
Chris

Posted Oct 21, 2013 in: iOS app - big slow-down with v. 3.1.1
  • Chris
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2013
Done, thanks in advance.
Chris

Posted Oct 21, 2013 in: No syncing over cell network
  • Chris
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2013
I've been having something like this problem too - I'm on the O2 network in the UK.

For me, it's been intermittent (but frequent), and what's been happening is that Toodledo gets itself into a situation in which it thinks that it's in sync, but the changes I've made on my iPhone haven't in fact synced over. It might possibly be related to signal strength, since I've been in poor signal areas quite a bit over the last couple of weeks. Some syncs have carried out with no problem, and I'm pretty sure - but not certain - that some of them have been over the mobile network rather than Wifi. Since it thinks that the unsuccessful syncs have been carried out ok though, even after the good syncs, some of the tasks on my iPhone are reflecting changes I've made there while the web interface doesn't, which is quite difficult to live with, as you can imagine. Could it perhaps be related to the bug introduced a minor version or two back, in which the iOS app Sync button continues to show "Syncing" for two minutes after the sync has completed, rather than "Wait"?

I've tried purging all the data on my iPhone app and re-syncing from the website, but that hasn't worked. I'm now going to try deleting and reinstalling the app.
Chris

Posted Sep 14, 2013 in: Alarms going off incorrectly!!
  • Chris
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2013
I have them set to come from the device (as mentioned) - I did try the other way back when it first came out, but had some problems with it, the exact nature of which I can't remember now, so went back to the old way.

I'll try again over the next little while and see whether the problem occurs with alarms coming from the website.
Chris

Posted Sep 14, 2013 in: iOS app - big slow-down with v. 3.1.1
  • Chris
  • Posted: Sep 14, 2013
Apologies for the delay replying - although I have this (and another) thread on my Watchlist, I didn't get an e-mail to say there had been further replies.

I have 85 saved searches at the moment and - as Jake will attest! - a lot of data in Toodledo generally. Speed of the iOS app had been a real annoyance for a long time under v. 2, but when speed was looked at (improved by a factor of three, wasn't it?) a few point releases into v. 3, that solved that, it was fantastic. This last update has taken it back to roughly the same level as v. 2; maybe not quite so bad, but the whole app is slow, not just the saved searches section. Eg. I'll regularly tap a button and it'll take maybe seven or eight seconds to register the tap.

Many thanks for looking into it Jake, hope you're able to bring the speed back up again.
Chris

Posted Sep 10, 2013 in: iOS app - big slow-down with v. 3.1.1
  • Chris
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2013
Hiya,

I'm a big fan of the new Saved Search functionality in v. 3.1, but the app has slowed down very noticeably since I updated (I skipped 3.1 and went straight to 3.1.1). I do have a lot of saved searches, if that's relevant.

I know that you said that deleting the app and re-downloading/installing it would speed things up for v. 3.1 - would the same approach be likely to work with v. 3.1.1?

I've also noticed that when I sync the app (which I always do manually), once the sync has completed, instead of turning to "Wait" until the two minutes are up, the sync button continues showing "Syncing" - I don't know whether that's related to the slowness or just a small bug.

Many thanks for your continuing development and improvement of Toodledo generally. :)
Chris

Posted Sep 10, 2013 in: Alarms going off incorrectly!!
  • Chris
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2013
I have what seems like the same problem - I have several tasks that repeat every day and have an alarm. Say I mark Task A complete via the website long before the alarm is due to go off, and subsequently sync my iOS app (still long before the alarm), the iOS alarm will still go off when the time comes, even though it knows that the task has been completed. I have iOS alarms set to come from the device.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next