ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Web"
Web

Posted Jan 20, 2014 in: Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
Score: 0
  • Web
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2014
  • Score: 0
+1 for context. This will be create for adding tasks on the go via Siri.

(In the meantime, I'll attempt to do this via the email add function.)

Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 20, 2014.
Web

Posted Sep 11, 2013 in: tabbing through dropdown lists
  • Web
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2013
I think there is a bug in how dropdown menus work. I find it limits my ability to be keyboard only, and I'm wondering if anyone else can duplicate it.

Basically, when I'm tabbing through a task and am on a dropdown list the list "deactivates" after I've pressed one key. So, if I have contexts that are "phone" "people" I can only get to people, the 1st alphabetical choice. When I manually click a dropdown list it functions normally, accepting multiple key strokes.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 7, but I've also tried it on IE.
Web

Posted Aug 05, 2013 in: Keyboard Shortcut to Add Subtasks?
  • Web
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2013
I also wish Toodledo had this. I know it has been requested for the last 3 years, and Toodledo had said that it was "in the pipeline".

It would be a big productivity boost.
Web

Posted Feb 01, 2012 in: column order in task entry
  • Web
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2012
I would like the column order for task entry to follow the order I've otherwise setup. As it currently stands I have to tab through some irrelevant fields to get to the ones I care about. It ends up taking too long on the keyboard, so I then end up using the mouse, which is also slow.

In searching I saw that this is a previously requested feature, and one on the development task list:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2198/-10877/make-the-task-entry-screen-follow-column-sort-rules.htm l

Is it still something you plan on including?

Yours truly,
Ari
Web

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: A toodledo visual basic script job
  • Web
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2011
I want to improve getting @waiting items into Toodledo but don't have the script chops to do it myself. As a consequence I've put a posting on Freelancer.com:
http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Visual-Basic/Visual-Basic-Script-for-Outlook.html

Here's the gist of the posting:
I use Toodledo, a web-based to do list. I would like someone to create an Outlook visual basic script to help me use it better.

Basically, Toodledo allows input via email, using a customized address @toodledo.com. I would like to send emails that need follow up to the recipients, and then a slightly customized, more descriptive version to Toodledo.

As of now I send many emails that I would like to go in my Toodledo @waiting folder (or context). Sending it to my Toodledo bcc address loses valuable info:
1) It’s not clear who the recipient is
2) The title sometimes includes the wrong description
3) It’s not filed into @waiting

I would like a visual basic script that will send more descriptive @waiting items from Outlook to Toodledo. The item in Toodledo should contain the date, who the email was sent to, and an optional descriptive title.

Here’s a potential script workflow:
1) script triggered by a keyboard shortcut
2) email to recipient sent
3) Outlook presents an input box with two text fields
a. The first for descriptive title containing as a default the email's subject line
b. The second is blank for the folder
4) Outlook sends an email to Toodledo email with the following info
a. In the subject line: Name of recipient -- descriptive title or default subject line (day/month of email), @waiting and, if applicable, the folder
i. Example: John Smith—website redesign (12/31) @waiting *website
b. body should contain full email, including all recipients and original subject line

The full Toodledo email syntax can be found here, but the relevant parts are as follows:
• context = @ + context. For this it is @waiting
• folder = *+folder. For example, *website

This message was edited Dec 20, 2011.
Web

• Web
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2011
I agree-- I often add tasks & subtasks together. Right now it requires several clicks. So, +10 for me please.
Web

• Web
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2011
+7
Web

Posted Nov 16, 2010 in: Help Creating an @waiting script?
  • Web
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2010
Hi All,

I'm really liking Toodledo and am now trying to optimize it for the long haul. One issue I have is getting email requests seamlessly into my @waiting folder. I also suspect other folks would benefit from the same solution.

Often I email folks asking for something or otherwise leaving a project in their hands. I'd like to set up a rule-triggered Outlook script so that these items get automatically sent into Toodledo with the right subject header and in the right category. I think this would be easy to do for anybody with some Visual Basic skills (which I lamentably lack).

Specifically, I'd like to:
1) send an email to someone and BCC myself
2) then take that BCC email, add to the subject line who I sent it to and the date in parenthesis. It would look something like John Smith (1/1)-- Original Subject Line
3) send this modified email to Toodledo

Triggering a script with a rule and sending an email to Toodledo are easy. Also, much of the script could probably be borrowed from here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/6709/-2/one-click-toodledo-outlook-button-code-included.html#end
It's just the actual script that I can't do :-(.

If anybody has the kind of chops to whip this script up or otherwise suggest a solution, I'd be grateful.

Yours truly,
Ari
Web

• Web
  • Posted: Nov 13, 2010
Okay, so it turns out that I don't speak Visual Basic (or any other scripting language, sadly). Might anybody have a suggestion for sending better @waiting items from Outlook? What I want should be pretty straightforward and derivative (in a good way).

Specifically, I'd like to:
1) send an email to someone and B'CC myself
2) then take that BCC email, add to the subject line who I sent it to and the date in parenthesis. It would look something like John Smith (1/1)-- Original Subject Line
3) send this modified email to Toodledo

Triggering a script with a rule and sending an email to Toodledo are easy. It's just the actual script that I can't do :-(

If anybody has the kind of chops to whip this script up or otherwise suggest a solution, I'd be grateful.

Yours truly,
Ari
Web

• Web
  • Posted: Nov 11, 2010
Absolutely brilliant. I'm a horrific script writer, but I'm attempting to adapt this so that any email I bcc to myself will get forwarded to my @waiting folder with the subject line as the person i sent it to, the date and the original subject line.

Wish me luck!