ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jabor"
jabor

Score: 1
  • jabor
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2016
  • Score: 1
Todoist has a hierarchical/nested folder structure. It is a great organizational feature that I miss.

On the mobile app side, for Mac, 2DO has a nested tag structure; also a great organizational feature.

Both of the above features make it much easier to organize any system that has more than a handful of folders or tags.

Jeff
jabor

Posted Jan 15, 2016 in: Manual Reorder by drag and drop
Score: 3
  • jabor
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2016
  • Score: 3
Hi Jake and TD people!

I originally became a TD subscirber a few years ago not only because of many of it's features, but because of TD's connectivity to mobile apps on Iphone and Android. I was usually away from my computer and I wanted something with me that allowed me access to my daily tasks. As long as TD could hold the data i wanted and had the fields I wanted, I was ok with TD...as long as I could find a suitable mobile app.

I left TD last year after being a subscriber for a few years, primarily because of the following 4 reasons:
(1)There was no mobile app with manual sorting. For planning purposes, autosorts are great, especially when there are large number of tasks. However, once you get down to a smaller number of tasks that have to be done in a day, the lack of manual sorting can really become a stressor...enough so for me that I left TD because I could not find a mobile app that manually sorted. (Coolexplorer hit the nail on the head, that this becomes critical when dealing with lots of daily activities). When I begin my morning, I try to have a closed list of tasks for that day. I often want to do my tasks in a specific order based on how I believe my day will go, not necessarily based on a sort or filter. By putting tasks in the order that will best match my day, I can start at the top and go right down my list, without continually scanning it. As things change, it's easy to move tasks in a different order of my choosing. This is important when I am being stressed by requests, problems, and time-constraints.
(2) Tag handling was lacking (why aren't they handled like other data items such folders and contexts, drop-down boxes...maybe autofill?). (I think 2D for Iphone handles tags well).
(3)The inability to nest folders, contexts, or tags (which would make it easier to view structure, review similarly grouped info, and move tasks).
(4) Only one level of subtasks.

Coolexplorer mentioned that Ultimate Todo (Android) now has manual sort, so I will likely try TD again. I would still love to see the other 3 issues I mentioned addressed. I would gladly pay more for a solutions that completely met my needs :)

As an aside, last year I used GQueues, which some interesting functionality, but lacks in several areas, at least from a single-user perspective. I had considered Todoist as it has nested folders and manual sorting, but I don't like the idea of not being able to export my data.

Anyway, that's one users perspective.
Thank you.
Jeff