ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by stephen.p.carney"
stephen.p.carney

Posted Dec 01, 2023 in: Android Next Gen App has no updates
Score: 1
What happened to the new Android Next Gen update? It's been 5 weeks since you said a week.

I need widgets. I was dual-using old ToodleDo and NextGen to have features still not in new, including Lists and Outlines, and the widget to keep my tasklist up on my home screen.

Now, I just switched to a Z Fold 5 with Android 13, and I can't get the old widget back and don't have a new one, and the most important use of my phone is shot.

I'm a 10-year-plus paid subscriber. I don't want to leave. i really don't. But I'll have to if this isn't fixed.
stephen.p.carney

Posted Aug 05, 2023 in: has there been any updates from owners?
Score: 0
Admin team -

Two questions from an Android user:

1. When was/is the next Android NextGen update? I haven't gotten one in forever, and the reply above is only about iOS. I hope we haven't been abandoned, but mentioning us would be nice.

2. Is this newsletter you mentioned on separate lists by OS, and/or how do I subscribe? I'm not getting anything and haven't in a very long time, and I don't recall opting out, but if I accidentally did, I'd like to opt back in. Where is that?

Thanks much. And please do answer. My last Q here re Android was ignored. I'm paying for a premium sub, and WANT to continue. Please help.
stephen.p.carney

Posted Jul 01, 2023 in: Toodledo Beta - current status
What about the Android Next Gen? When is that update expected to add Lists and Outlines?
stephen.p.carney

Same happening to me. Didn't notice when it started, because I've been dual-using old app for all but Tasks, but know Notes used to work on my new App in Nov or Dec.
stephen.p.carney

Score: -1
I use the "time" part of date/time to get the sequential sorting I want. Sometimes I target actual times: Do this task 9-10 am, that one at 10, next at 11 etc. Other times, I cluster all the tasks that I'll do after lunch, but with fake times to just get the sequence I want: 1:01 pm, 1:02 pm, etc., for 6 tasks thru 1:06, even if those 6 will together take the rest of the day. I do that sometimes when I don't want to think too hard about the precise timing of each.
stephen.p.carney

Posted Jun 06, 2011 in: How do I re-order my list manually?
FWIW, I sort my tasks "manually" by setting a time along with due date. I aim for fairly realistic, but even if the times aren't realistic, assigning items as 9:00, 10:00, etc. forces them into the order I want. Then, when I do the task, I convert it to the time I did it, for tracking/review.

Sometimes, if I have related tasks that I haven't set up as subtasks, I make them 9:00, 9:01, 9:02, even if they take much longer, just for ease.

Hope that helps.
stephen.p.carney

Score: 1
My sorting workaround is TIME. On a due date, I make tasks due at 9:00, 10:00, etc., and the time-sort folds time into the "date" sort.

Downside: takes a bit more entry than drag-sort would, and must put a time on every item, as un-timed items fall to bottom. Also triggers your alarms/texts if you use them, and that's clutter if you'd rather not have those.

Upside: it works for sorting. Also, can insert new tasks with intermediate times, to slip something between 3d and 4th slot (e.g., "9:15"). As a bonus, it nudges me to better estimate times for tasks if I want realistic times (but bogus times work fine just for sorting).