ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by guygg"
guygg

Posted Oct 13, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 1
  • guygg
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2014
  • Score: 1
I'm a user that's considering returning to Toodledo at the moment. I got the notification e-mail about my account being more than a year without use, so I thought I'd stop in to see what improvements had been made. I always considered Toodledo to be the "kitchen sink" approach to to-do management. It has tons of features - way more than pretty much any others out there - but was ultimately more frustrating where it counted, and even a bit daunting as a result.

The one that probably drove me to another platform more than any other years ago when I last actively used it was the "quick add" feature. While some things about using quick add were great, it was incredibly frustrating that it couldn't use the syntax that adding by e-mail could. As somebody who never found himself in the situation of needing to add by e-mail, it was extra annoying that one couldn't use that same, and obviously useful, syntax straight into the quick add. Even sadder was the fact that others had commented about that, and I'm pretty sure I had either via forum or support ticket or something, but there seemed to be little interest in using one feature to help the other. As I stopped back to re-evaluate Toodledo this evening, I notice that not only can I still not use the handy syntax when doing a quick add, but people are STILL mentioning that problem, even in this very thread. I have to admit that my heart sunk a tad, because that was the very first thing I checked when I logged back into the site after all this time away from it.

I'm thrilled to finally see a native Android app out there. Just installed it on my Galaxy S5, and will kick the tires while re-evaluating the platform overall. Slapping different colors and UX over things is certainly an improvement, but glossing up LONG standing feature limitations almost makes it sadder. It'd be great if some of these clearly YEARS-LONG feature improvement requests could be addressed (particularly ones like the syntax feature for quick add, where there's obviously already logic in place for that to be used in add-by-email).

I'm happy to chip in a subscription payment for a good task management service, but I'd much rather it be one that has active improvements being made, and most importantly, one that listens to user suggestions in doing so. If you're interested in what platform you're trying to win me back from, that would be GQueues, which not only does very nice UI/UX work, but handles function syntax via quick-add beautifully...

My 2 cents.
guygg

Posted Jun 29, 2010 in: ical: sync individual calendars?
Score: 1
  • guygg
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2010
  • Score: 1
Yeah, this is tied as my most wanted feature, along with Quick Add functionality. Personally, I like having a separate iCal for different folder/context so that I can color code and enable/disable a different set of tasks in Google Calendar (work, personal, etc). It isn't particularly inspiring to see how old this feature request is and that it's been sitting on the development to-do list this long. Here's hoping it finally shows up.

I'm definitely looking at purchasing a Toodledo subscription after my trial week runs out, but seeing something relatively simple like this sitting on the dev to-do list this long isn't entirely inspiring.

Pretty please, can this feature request make its way up the priority queue? :)