ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Khalid J Hosein"
Khalid J Hosein

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 5
I totally get price increases. That's just life and company survival. Reminds me of this excellent Masters of Scale podcast episode: How to price your product: https://mastersofscale.com/payal-kadakia-how-to-price-your-product-to-scale/ . This thread has me thinking of 'pitchforks' ... listen to the podcast and you'll get the reference ;-)

What's going to be tough to handle though is that I'd be essentially paying almost 100% more for a plan that drops at least one of the features that I paid for in the first place. I'd need to go to the plan that's 3x (200% more) what I'm currently paying to retain those features. It would be a different story if the annual price was going from say $5 to $15, but $20 to $60 feels like a much bigger jump. I'll just have to ask myself if it's all worth the price.

One question: New pricing kicks in Jan 1, but what if you current Silver/Gold subscription runs past that date? What happens?

Thanks!
Khalid J Hosein

Posted Jul 28, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Score: 3
My $0.02 worth of comments:

When I first started using Toodledo, I don't think there was even an Android app produced by Toodledo. The 3rd-party ones weren't perfect, but the best one I found was called Ultimate To-Do List. I'm still using it today. Since then, Toodledo introduced and improved the Android app, but yet it's still not as good as UTL, *except* that UTL only shows Tasks and Notes. So I'm split between using UTL for Tasks and the TD app for Lists, Outlines & Habits.

I would love to see Toodledo improve the Android app. Perhaps acquiring UTL might be an option?

--
I really like the mock-up of the front page. I'd just throw in GTD in there somewhere - it's just a guess, but I bet a good fraction of TD users are also GTDers. I know I've found quite a few great threads in the forums on how to organize TD in a GTD-friendly way.

--
If you want to expand your user base, consider having a simpler version of TD where the 'advanced' features are just a toggle button away. I imagine many users are scared away by the complexity. For example, I've used and like Wunderlist, but I quickly gave up on it due to its lack of sophisticated controls. However, I think it's successful for that very reason.

On a related note, consider adding more videos and articles with suggested setups for different usages. For example, the setups of people running a small business, managing a club, or their household, or everything in their life would all be different. This could be the little extra that gets them over the 'hill of overwhelm' and possibly even upgraded to a paying customer.
Khalid J Hosein

Posted Mar 17, 2012 in: Addition of tasks via email is slow?
Score: 0
Thanks for all the replies. My e-mail provider is Google (i.e. Gmail). I don't think I've lost any tasks that I sent in via email, but I'm a little paranoid as I like to just archive emails that I've sent into TD and forget about them until they pop up on in my periodic to do walkthroughs.

Anyway, let's call this a closed case. Thanks again.
Khalid J Hosein

Posted Mar 14, 2012 in: Addition of tasks via email is slow?
Is it just me or does it take a while for tasks to show up in your account after you email it in?

I totally depend on this feature - it's how I clean up my email Inbox. It's important enough that I'd move away from Toodledo if it weren't there or got dropped.

Anyway, that's about my only minor issue with what is otherwise an excellent product.
Thanks!
Khalid J Hosein

+1 for this feature.
Khalid J Hosein

Dang, that was the issue. Any way to escape it? I tried quoting the name of the folder and using a \ escape but those didn't work.

Thx for the response.
Khalid J Hosein

Hi all,

Am trying to perform a simple query to get a task list in a single folder via e-mail, but it's just not working for me.

For example, if I send a simple "? *Ps-Actions", I get "0 tasks matched your query" in response ("Ps-Actions" is the name of one of my folders). I've tried this multiple times, including throwing the query into the body of the e-mail.

On the other hand, sending a new task in via email works fine.

Thanks for any help!
Khalid J Hosein

Posted Jan 16, 2011 in: Read about our latest batch of updates
Oh so this is interesting. I just signed up for a Pro account (b/c I had planned to, not to try to fix this problem), and guess what?! Sorting suddenly started working.
Khalid J Hosein

Posted Jan 16, 2011 in: Read about our latest batch of updates
@cntoms - nope, not just you! I'm having the same problem on WinXP/SP3 in both Chrome and Firefox 3.

I'm new to Toodledo, so it's possible that I'm making a newbie mistake, although I've tried to ensure that I'm not inadvertently using any filters, etc.

Cheers!