ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by gwpeterson"
gwpeterson

Posted May 08, 2012 in: Easy Integration with Outlook
Score: 1
I really like this, it's a super slick alternative to trying to Sync Outlook with Toodledo. I'm running Outlook 2007 and I've got the iCloud sync for my Calendar and Contacts. BTW, that's a different story and a different thread. :)

I keep everything synced between my iPhone, iPad and Outlook, and the different sync programs available for Outlook (currently I use Chromatic Dragon) don't quite work. You can't use Subtasks, entries are truncated, the priorities don't match up. In fact, just trying to map different categories to Outlook is enough to make me abandon Outlook all together.

This is the best possible solution, and I've started using it to eliminate the need to constantly monitor Outlook to ensure it doesn't overwrite my tasks (or fail to sync properly).

Bravo!
gwpeterson

Score: 0
I've 'grown up' in the Outlook world and started using it in 1997. For tasks, Outlook is just about the most robust product around. But, with all of the mobile devices, Toodledo is THE BEST software to sync to Outlook. And I've tried them all.

It would be nice to have the ability to prioritize by number. However, using alpha-numeric subjects helps. I know it's not the best solution, but it works.

I manage 3 separate locations, plus a 4th office location and sorting my tasks is insane. Toodledo has made this much easier and having to use a little work around is not that big of a deal for me.

G

This message was edited Jan 27, 2012.
gwpeterson

Posted Jan 15, 2012 in: Native Outlook Sync?
Score: -1
I don't like using apps that are no longer supported, but, I use Chromatic Dragon's Toodledo Sync ver 1.1.10 along with ContextMagic's Click Yes Pro which allows the Toodledo Sync to access Outlook without any user input.

With this setup, Outlook syncs every 15 min and every time I open Toodledo on my iPad or iPhone, it syncs. If I make a change on the iPad or iPhone, Toodledo is set to sync on exit. Then within 15 min (or sooner) Outlook picks up the changes when it syncs.

It's not going to get any better then that.

Of course, at some point in the future, there will be a hugely robust app for the PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad/iTouch/Blackberry, etc, that will sync immediately across all platforms. But, until then, I'm sticking with this.