pruden

Posted Dec 04, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 1
  • pruden
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2020
  • Score: 1
Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by pruden:
Will soon be signing off from ToodleDo, friends. The Apple Reminders app has come a long way and, while it’s far from perfect, it will meet my needs for a Do List. And it’s extremely unlikely to go away or become unsupported. I’ve transferred all my data over, and have been using it solely for about two or three weeks now. Actually working well, nothing lost. Peace and best wishes.

Mark Pruden
Cincinnati

Mark,

Check out GoodTask. It is using Reminders as a base. It takes Reminders to a whole new level, with saved filters, goals, and major interface improvements. The combination of saved filters and plaintext tags is a very powerful tool. Also an extremely active and responsive developer. One of the reasons I am seriously starting to consider switching from a PC to a Mac at some point.

Reminders had indeed come a long way, but I can't get past its total lack of any sorting or filtering (other than Scheduled and Flagged), tagging, and inflexible task display (too much space is allocated per one task, making it hard to navigate through long lists). This may feel different on a Mac or iPad, but on the phone, it's a limitation.

Thanks, Umma — I’ve spent some time in GoodTask this morning, and it does have more features, but is probably more than I need, so I’ll be staying with just Apple Reminders, at least for now. I appreciate your post.

This message was edited Dec 04, 2020.
pruden

Posted Nov 17, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 1
  • pruden
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2020
  • Score: 1
Will soon be signing off from ToodleDo, friends. The Apple Reminders app has come a long way and, while it’s far from perfect, it will meet my needs for a Do List. And it’s extremely unlikely to go away or become unsupported. I’ve transferred all my data over, and have been using it solely for about two or three weeks now. Actually working well, nothing lost. Peace and best wishes.

Mark Pruden
Cincinnati
pruden

Posted Sep 12, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
  • pruden
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2020
  • Score: 0
Sadly, jzamoras, I think you’re probably right.
pruden

Posted Sep 10, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 2
  • pruden
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2020
  • Score: 2
Anant,

Any idea when, in the iPhone app, the “open bug for multi-line layout” will be fixed, and color coding of priorities will be restored? Thanks.
pruden

Posted Jul 05, 2020 in: All content on app suddenly missing
Score: 0
  • pruden
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2020
  • Score: 0
All of the above, plus more: a red dot is on my Settings menu asking me to upgrade. I reaffirmed my free subscription. The red dot hasn't disappeared. Now only 31 of my 265 tasks are showing, whereas before none of them were showing. Yesterday everything was fine. This is all new this morning. Toodledo, what in the world is going on?