ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by JD Osterman"
JD Osterman

Posted May 24, 2017 in: Server issues May 18, May 22
Score: 0
I really appreciate that detailed explanation; also your persistent investigation & resolution. You weren't alone in thinking that it was a DDoS attack. Toodledo is far too popular and important to avoid that kind of thing forever !

Just out of curiosity, what are you guys working on to confront that eventuality?

Of course you shouldn't share your 'secrets' but it would be nice to know, in kind of general terms -- it is mighty scary when you're 'electronic brain' suddenly locks up on you :-)

This message was edited May 24, 2017.
JD Osterman

Posted May 18, 2017 in: Server issues May 18, May 22
Thanks for letting us know !
JD Osterman

Posted Oct 14, 2015 in: Global Search
Score: 1
I really like the quick search box - however it would be so much more useful if it would search the notes field as well.

A lot of times, I can't remember where (or if) I've put in a task, and quick search saves me in these cases -- but not when what i'm remembering is in the note and not in the title.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2015.
JD Osterman

Posted Sep 28, 2015 in: Search Sort Order
Beautiful --- works great !! Thanks !
JD Osterman

Posted Sep 28, 2015 in: Rolling Due Date
Yeah, apart from things that are actually "due" on a certain date, I've been getting away from using due dates as a way to manage my work flow, and found that "priorities" works better for me. It allows me to define the relative "urgency" of different tasks, which then "rolls over" from day to day. Tweaking these here and there as time goes by is a lot less work than updating a whole pile of fake "due dates" every few days.
JD Osterman

Posted Sep 28, 2015 in: Search Sort Order
For a while I've hoped for a way to set sort order for saved searches; I just checked the forum and see that this topic has come up from time to time over the years. But unless I'm mistaken, the most recent thread is no longer active. I'd like to echo previous users who have said how valuable search specific sort orders would be.

I can see that at one point the forum moderator said that this was on the "to do list" but that it is a low priority feature since a user can manually reorder every time they change to a different search. But while not necessarily requiring much time to do that, it DOES require the user to have memorized the sort order for each of their saved searches, which isn't always feasible -- or really in the spirit of GTD which suggests we should use systems that we can work with when we're at our worst, as well as our best; referring to our system, David Allen has often suggested asking ourselves “...can I maintain this easily if I am sick in bed with the flu?”

Toodledo is one of the most valuable services I use, and really ties in incredibly well with GTD. It's been great to see the recent flurry of interface updates; if you could see your way to address this as part of these updates, we would be thrilled !

This message was edited Sep 28, 2015.