ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Pascal Zweipfenning"
Pascal Zweipfenning

Score: 0
Attachment is a great feature in Toodledo, however when trying to view an attachment I can only download it. The ability to view a file in the browse or automatically open the file in the correct application would be much more convenient.

Thanks for implementing this.

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Mar 11, 2015 in: Tuesday Night Maintenance
It now takes more than 10 seconds to load the 'All tasks' list with 420 tasks in it. That is not my idea about fast.

Best regards,

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Mar 11, 2015 in: ToodleDo Server Speed?
This was also my feeling the last day.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Mar 04, 2015 in: Search button in Forum menu
When I click the Search button the the Forum menu I get an empty section below. Is this the way it should be, is it still under construction or a bug?

Best regards,

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Mar 04, 2015 in: URL's in attachements
Not sure if this has been asked before, but it would be great to be able to add a URL to a task in the attachement section instead of adding it to the task notes.

Regards,

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Feb 26, 2015 in: How do you Toodledo?
Score: -1
I try to catch anything I need to do in Toodledo in the Inbox folder. Works, home, volunteer work, sports, shopping etc. From there I decide what to do with it. Many tasks are coming in via my work email, which I forward to Toodledo. For each project (folder in Toodledo) I keep a Next Action using the task status field. I do have quit some filters setup to be able to list all the tasks I want to see at a certain moment of the day/week. Using a Stat of Day and end of Day GTD checklist is part of the routine. I have those setup in the Outline section and linked them to the tasks for these daily routines.

I have reference project setup that I use to create my wok projects/tasks. I just clone them and via a edit them using the multi-edit function to assign them to the correct folder and context. Each folder represents a project. In each project I have a reference task in which I keep notes on the overall status of the project.

What I miss in Toodledo is a hierarchy level on top of the folder. I would like to be able to keep my work and private projects/folders/tasks separated. I work as a consultant at different customers and want to be able to hide/unhide the projects/folders depending on the customer I'm working at that moment. Also my private tasks I want to hide when being at work. Nobody needs to see my 'painting the house' project at work. So a kind of area of responsibility level on top would be very helpful for me. (have a look at gtdnext.com how solved it).

I general I try to stick to the GTD principles as much as possible since that works best for me. So wight everything down on Toodledo (so I can forget about it), decide what needs to be done with it, and then do it!

I have been using many different 'Todo' apps of which Toodledo was the very first, I used for a few years, after which I started looking at and using several different other apps, and returning to Toodledo only a few weeks ago.

The main reason for people not to use Toodledo is the current web interface which is not very appealing. But since you are working very hard to get that fixed I think Toodledo will be seeing many more users signing up.

Keep up the goods work.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Using a IFTTT recipe works fine for me. I'm using a specific 'Toodledo' label. The thing is that you need to keep the mail in the nbox until the recipe has been triggered.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Feb 11, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
Small issue here: when I click 'Main' the screen scolls down a little causing the header to disappear half.
All other views work fine. I'm using resolution 1920x1080 within Chrome. The same thing happens in Internet Explorer.

Thanks for solving.

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Feb 11, 2015 in: Cloned task not seen as 'added today'
Works as designed. Not sure what went wrong here.

Thanks,

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Feb 06, 2015 in: Cloned task not seen as 'added today'
I use a bunch of reference tasks to clone for some projects that always require the same steps. These tasks are in a 'reference folder'. When I clone a task I use the search 'added today' to find them so I want to can use the 'multi-edit' function to add them all to a specific folder. However these cloned tasks are not seen as 'added today'.

Is this a bug are does it work as designed?

If it works as designed I would like to request a change so cloned tasks will be found by the 'added today' search.

Thanks.

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Jan 28, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 1
Some of my thoughts in random order:
Better suited for managing projects
Open attachments without downloading
Click on project in task opens project folder
Clone projects
Notes on projects
Context, tags on projects
context, tag, Inheritance from folders to tasks
Show number of tasks in search menu (refresh in back ground)
Next Action automatic setting
Manual sorting of al tasks (not only subtasks)
Color coding tags, folders, contexts etc.
More levels in task hierarchy and projects
Implementation of 'area' which is a higher level on top of projects/subprojects and could (in my case) represent a customer,
Outlook integration (Outlook add-on)
Cleaner interface
Left menu scrollable
Ability to paste pictures in task notes
Ability to paste pictures in notes section
Outline view like GTDNext and Myliveorganized
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Jan 24, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 1
What I'm mainly looking for is something called 'Area' (or whatever other name you want to use). I use GTD apps for private tasks and work related tasks. I work as an SAP consultant on different projects for different customers. When I;m at a specific customer I want top be able to have an overall filter which enables me to show only ther tasks/project related to this customer. The 'Area' would then represent the customer. There is a fairly new app called GTDNext (GTDNext.com) which has this type of feature. When you select a specific area any task/project that is shown, no matter which other (lower level) filter you apply, belongs to this area (or customer in my case). I have been looking at experimenting with GTDNext for a while now and it looks like it is coming close to the perfect GTD app. Specially the unlimmited number of levels you can have in the project/task hierarchy.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Sep 26, 2013 in: More modern and user friendly UI design
Score: 4
Is there any chance of getting a more modern and user friendly UI design like the ones on Asana, Producteev and Do.com?

The functionality is great but the UI I can't get used to.
Pascal Zweipfenning

I'm usig Tooodledo in combination Gmail and ActiveInbox addon. When I send a mail to my Toodledo account I always include URL of the specific mail on the first line (just copy/pastfrom the address bar). This gives you a direct link from Toodeledo to the mail in GMail, so no searching for the linked mail is required.

Pascal.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Sep 29, 2010 in: What Have Your Read GTD Poll
I'm currently reading "Getting Things Done"and plan to read the other two also. Good book telling you a lot of things you already (should) know but are actually not using in your daily work.
Pascal Zweipfenning

Posted Aug 05, 2010 in: GMail calendar not uodating
I have added Toodledo task as an agenda in Gmail (via URL). Initial setup worked fine but there are no updates (new and changes) synced.

Any ideas what causes this?

Thanks in advance,

Pascal.