ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ddvaughn"
ddvaughn

Score: -1
  • ddvaughn
  • Posted: Aug 13, 2010
  • Score: -1
I am beginning to understand the underlying problem....

You are not depending on Apple products alone. In fact, it sounds like both of you are primarily PC based. There is no mac Outlook product at this time.

The solution seems to be PC + iphone + google calendar.

I am getting all bogged down by trying to sync via MobileMe (except for some inexplicable reason there is no Notes app on the Mac, and no way to sync notes from MobileMe to your phone). Of course you can sync all of your contacts... which seems like a similar data management problem. I think apple is intentionally preventing syncing so that people will be obligated to buy another mac app to do it. They have near complete control over the app market.

I am not even sure that you even need iphone....doesnt toodledo work on Droid?

In any case, I guess I guess my love affair with Yahoo! is over and i will have to start doing the PC Google thing.

This is a little rant but bear with me. It used to be that Apple's big thing was that buy apple and you will never have any interface problems. Well I have not found this to be true. If you upgrade your iPhone 3gs to OS 4.0.1 you can no longer access your Microcell. And again find yourself paying hundreds of dollars a month for a phone that is really just a iTouch. I cannot not call from my house or my office. I cannot not store microsoft documents in folders on the iphone. The primitive word editor cannot not be sync down from the mac or MobileMe. And, much to my amazement, Windows7 beats MacBook pro (except for viruses). There are not apps for the desktop for mac, you do have gadgets for windows 7.

Used to be Netscape and AOL and compuserve. Dont hear much about them anymore.

The paradigm is currently in flux
ddvaughn

Score: -1
  • ddvaughn
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2010
  • Score: -1
I am trying this work around

Birthdays: Only assign a due day. Do not fill in start day, start time or due time. Seems like you will still have to check it off as a done task

Holidays: Sync to iCal (or Outlook etc) where a pre-existing Holiday calendar is displayed.

The result: You can look only at iCal and pretty much see everything that needs to be done that day, week, or month

Problem: I have not figured out how to color code everything.

Recommendation to Toodledo: Right now you are the best task managing app out there. But you need to hire some people and quickly address all the issues on your Forums page ASAP. Most of these issues are not that difficult to fix. If you dont some other app will, and soon. I'd say you have a window of about 5 months.
ddvaughn

Score: 0
  • ddvaughn
  • Score: 0
When I sync to iCal, all the tasks have the same color. Can they be colorized
Likewise, can all tasks within a given folder be assigned the same color?
ddvaughn

• ddvaughn
I use both mac and pc.

I can see how do it by pc....but honestly, most of the time of am completely dependent on the iphone which does not have an Outlook app.

So, again, the idea is to be able to look at one location and see all tasks (time and nontime critical) that are on my list for that day. Right now I have to do this with 2 apps...Notes and iCal. Toodledo is better than Notes, but it has the potential to be much better.
ddvaughn

• ddvaughn
OK

I am trying to understand how to get the most out of the useful app

So each day, do you look at both your calendar AND the toodledo list, or do you sync them together and look at only iCal/Outlook. I do not see a way to see the todo list on the iphone...I do see it on the mac iCal.
ddvaughn

• ddvaughn
If what you say is true, then why would I ever need to sync with iCal. You are acting like managing tasks and scheduling have no overlap.

Some tasks are highly time dependent (an appt), some can be done at your leisure (like buying a ladder), and some (like taxes) you have to plan to do in stages. In other words, I need an exact time to manage some tasks. During my day, I need to look and see that I have an appt at 2pm, I need to call Joe, and sometime this week I need to buy a ladder.

In business, there are tasks that are assigned to be completed in so many days. It would be helpful to know if the courts are closed some of those days because of a holiday.

And, are you really going to tell me that no one out there using toodledo is not adding holidays and birthdays to the task list.
ddvaughn

• ddvaughn
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2010
I do not find anywhere to specify a time of day

The "Help" section does not have a discussion of how to actually make a task, when the task should be completed by (eg. time of day) and how to have it where it just appears, like a holiday where I dont have to check it off as a task.
ddvaughn

• ddvaughn
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2010
All I want to do is put in birthdays, holidays and a doctors appt.
It seems that you cannot put in just a single day event without out reminder
It also seems that you cannot specify a time when the task is due....only the day

WHERE IS THE HELP SECTION???