ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Siraj"
Siraj

Score: 1
  • Siraj
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2010
  • Score: 1
Hi TD admin,
I respect your own views on how you want to run the show. I am an ex-CIO and I would tell you from my own experience - the best way to reduce the constant communication about new features from end-users is to put up something like this - new users would go there to check what is already asked and would not post in the forum. In the long run, this would reduce the amount of questions you receive on the forum and would also make the users life much easier.

You also get to know what is truly important for the end users - something like location-tracking might be more exciting for a development team to work on; but many users may prefer some other items like custom views, support for project more critical. At the end of the day, you can decide which features you want to implement and you can be secretive about it till you release it. Having a tool like this just tells you what is really needed by users and saves you from building features that you fancy but the users may not (believe me - this is a trap that most of the software development teams get into without realizing it)

About the last point of only 3% users participating in the forums - these are the people interested in influencing the product and hence would be a great asset as they would do free marketing for you if they are convinced of your tool.

These are my 2 cents on this topic.

Posted by Toodledo:
99% of the suggestions that we get are duplicates of stuff that is already on our to-do list. When I encounter something new, I make my own summary of the idea and put it on the list. I am sorry, but I just do not have the time to maintain a roadmap, rank user request, or publicly detail which ideas are new, which ones are duplicates, which ones are being worked on, which ones are low priority, etc. Its all in my head and on our list, which is the most important place for it to be. For my own efficiency, I need to press the "Thanks for the suggestion" button and move on, otherwise I would never get any work done. Please understand that I spend 2-3 hours a day reading, responding and processing everything that is posted to Toodledo via these forums, support tickets and emails.
Siraj

Posted Oct 02, 2010 in: Is there a way to get a tickler email
Score: 0
  • Siraj
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thanks ToodleDo team. But I already have a search folder. The problem is when I can't easily access the TD website, I want to have access to this list on my iphone. If saved searches are available on iphone, it would solve the problem.

Or another way could be - Is there a way to get the results of a search by email?
Siraj

• Siraj
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2010
+1 - a much much needed feature. Would be a big plus to TD
Siraj

Score: 2
  • Siraj
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2010
  • Score: 2
Given the constant tussle between the developers and active users in terms of what features should be developed first (the recent one on custom views), can the developers of ToodleDo think of adopting a site like uservoice.com or getsatisfaction.com to understand the features that are most needed by their customers.

Some free and open source alternatives are:
http://www.google.com/moderator/ - this is used by Google to get customer feedback and it is cool
http://www.ideatorrent.org/ - this is used by sourceforge on the OS projects.

This would provide an objective list that can be really helpful both for the user community and for the developers.
Siraj

Posted Sep 24, 2010 in: Is there a way to get a tickler email
  • Siraj
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Currently, I use start date to handle tickler items. When the start date arrives, these items are brought up into the long list of next actions and unless I review it on the TD website, there is no easy way to look at the items that are starting today. I want to review all the items that are starting today - something like the Today concept in most of the GTD sites.

Questions:
1. Can I move the items which have a start date on the start date to some folder? is it possible through some scripts?
2. Can I get an email with all the items that are starting today?

I would appreciate any help/suggestions.