ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jaffa_brown"
jaffa_brown

Posted Mar 15, 2016 in: Idea - pomodoro timer
Score: 4
Just a thought - but it would be very nice if Toodledo could include a Pomodoro facility in it.

Stay with me on this...

So pomodoro is about doing things in chunks - normally 25 minutes. So I imagine....

A screen where you could re-use the existing lists screen to define a Pomodoro list - each item could be assigned a duration (default is 25)
Then there would be a Pomodoro screen - when the 'next' item on the list is shown with a countdown clock with options to:
a) Restart clock
b) Stop clock
c) Skip this Pomodoro event
When the clock reaches zero, it goes into the (configured?) rest period - normally 10 minutes, then moves onto the next Pomodoro event on the list. When it reaches the end of the list, it goes back to the top of the list.

For a lot of people, the Pomodoro will just be 'work' or something for 25 minutes. But if you are having to do multiple things (like development, support, accounting etc) during a day your Pomodoro list might like as follows:

Software development (25)
Any support work (10)
Bug Fixes (15)
Software development (25)
Accounts and Money (10)
Planning (10)

If you wanted to be really clever, the Pomodoro tasks could be linked to ToDo folders, so that when the clock starts, the ToDo list screen is shown, filtered for that folder (showing what needs to be done for software development, or support items, or planning etc).

So your day is broken up with all your required tasks. As the clock is running, it would need to show in the header bar the current Pomodoro task and clock status.

A lot of this is already in Toodledo (clocks/timers, lists etc).

Thoughts?
jaffa_brown

Posted Jul 10, 2015 in: Habits Update
Score: 0
Just started using Habits, and in CHROME there are a couple of problems...

1) When you create a habit (the first one) and press Start Habit, the habit box is closed, but the habit does not appear on the dashboard - you have to reload (click on tasks then back to habits) for it to appear
2) After you save a habit, the habit seems to be saved with a title (or at least displayed as) $SCOPE (which I think is you javascript variable name)..

Screen scrape is as follows:

HABITS INBOX (1)

$SCOPE
jaffa_brown

Posted by Salgud:

Maybe you haven't heard about Saved Searches. I suggest you find them in the help screens (maybe there's a video?) so you can create your own Hotlist (you can even call it whatever you like!) which excludes tasks more than 4 weeks or 3 weeks, or 2 weeks or...

Ah, that will do it. Thanks.
jaffa_brown

There is an old thread of this here from Summer 2013 saying (as per usual) that its 'on the list'...

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/16982/-80382/request-for-more-hide-future-tasks-option.html

Its the only thing about ToodleDo that bugs me - if a task is 1 month in the future, I dont need to see it on my task list all the time.

As per original suggestion, I would like to also have 'hide future task' filters of an additional:
4 weeks
3 weeks
2 weeks
1 week
5 days
3 days
1 day
jaffa_brown

Posted Jul 25, 2014 in: New Idea - 'next steps'
I was thinking about this last night - and thought I would share this as a new idea for a future version of Toodledo.

In the GTD book, there is the idea of the status - "Next Action" and "Waiting" - which is good, but its easy to forget about the Waiting status items.

So my idea is to chain items together (using the sub-tasks item)- with the ability to create a chain of tasks. Then, When a "next action" task is marked as complete, the next "waiting" task is changed to "Next action".

Take the example of "Cleaning the garage" in the GTD book. The steps mentioned in the book were we he says "I have to clean the garage, but there is that large fridge, maybe Jo wants it, so next step is ask joe if he wants the fridge".

In ToodleDo - you could create a list of tasks as follows:

1) Ask Joe if he wants the fridge - status of NEXT ACTION
2) Get joe to pick up fridge, or sell/ditch the fridge - Status of waiting
3) Buy cleaning materials for cleaning the garage - status waiting
4) Clean the garage - status of waiting

So on a general list view (filtered on Next Action), on "Ask joe if he wants the fridge appears". But, as soon as this is ticked as complete, item 2 "Get joe to pick up fridge, or sell/ditch the fridge" gets changed to NEXT ACTION, and automatically appears on the regular view.

What do others think?
jaffa_brown

Posted Feb 05, 2013 in: Hidden Tasks
I have to agree, having a filter future task with just a limit of 1 Month, 2 months and so on is really unflexible. It would be much better if the options were...

1 day
2 days
5 days
1 week
2 weeks
3 weeks
4 weeks
1 month
2 months
3 months
6 months
year

If this is too much, could we at least add the '1 week' view filter future tasks option?