How to Import Tasks from 'Remember the Milk'
If you are currently using 'Remember the Milk', you can easily transfer all of your tasks into Toodledo using the steps below.
Export from Remember the Milk
- Sign in to your 'Remember the Milk' account.
- Click on 'Settings' at the top of the screen.
- Click on the 'Info' tab.
- Click on 'iCalendar Service (All Lists)'
- If the browser does not prompt you to download the file (or attempts to open it with an application), you may need to change the link from webcal:// to https://
- Save the file to your computer.
Import into Toodledo
- Sign in to your 'Toodledo' account.
- Click on the 'Tools' menu at the top of the page and select 'More...'. Then click on "Calendars"
- In the 'iCal Import' section, click 'Browse...'
- Locate the previously downloaded file on your computer.
- Click 'Upload' and confirm that everything looks correct.
- Click 'Save Changes'.
Currently, we are only able to import a file up to 1MB in size. This is enough room for about 3000 tasks. If your import file is larger than this, it will probably fail to import. The most likely reason why you would have more than 3000 tasks is because you have lots of completed tasks. If you delete your completed tasks from RTM and then export again, this will result in a much smaller file. To delete completed tasks, do a search for "status:completed" and then select all and choose the "delete" option.
Unfortunately, Remember the Milk does not export the names of your lists, so you will not be able to import these into Toodledo's folders. You will need to manually assign folders after importing. One way to work around this issue is to export all of your folders individually from RTM and then import them one at a time to Toodledo. Between each import, you can use our Multi-Edit tool to quickly move each batch of tasks into the correct folder.