ForumsNewsStarred Tasks

Starred Tasks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
We borrowed a popular feature from Google's Gmail and added the ability to star a task. Click once to add a star, click again to remove the star. You can use this to mark important tasks, tasks that you want to do today, tasks that you are working on right now, or any other way that you want to use it.
Qrystal

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!! I'm so excited about it, I typed each "thank you" explicitly instead of copying and pasting!!!!

I must also humbly add that I'm SO glad I suggested it! ;P
surfmonk

I am also excited about this, however I don't see the star on the tasks. Where does it appear?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is next to the checkbox.

Oh, and it is not supported in Classic, so if you are using classic, you will have to use one of the other views.
gimbo

Posted: Apr 11, 2008
Cool.

Is there no way to disable it, however?
kleerkoat

stars rule! thanks for adding this.

any thoughts on having the stars different colors to set the priority state?
red star = top
orange star = high
yellow star = medium
blue star = low
black star = -1
Qrystal

I like how stars are completely distinct from priority. Priority is already there, and the font colour and boldness already changes with priority.
surfmonk

Posted by Toodledo:
It is next to the checkbox.

Oh, and it is not supported in Classic, so if you are using classic, you will have to use one of the other views.

Ah, I see them today. I swear they weren't there yesterday. Or maybe that was the caffeine.

I agree it would be nice to be able to disable them, too. Like in the 'Fields Used' preference.
Doug Reichard

I to want to Say thank you. I've been struggling to have a 'things I'll do today' - I tried folders etc.

This is perfect for it.
jdoree

Posted: Apr 14, 2008
The new stars are a great addition. Thank you very much for adding this feature. Like Doug I too have been struggling with a 'things I NEED to do today' list. This fits that need.

By the way, I don't see the option in the slim view to show starred items. Is there a way to enable this? ...am I overlooking something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 15, 2008
Stars are not yet working on the slim view. This will come with a future update.
Steven C Henry

Posted: Apr 29, 2008
The stars do not print out if you print it directly from my browser (FF 3beta5). Also is there any way to get some print options (e.g. table style, memo style..). I was also wondering about multiple sorts (e.g. by context then by due date etc...)
Yvonne

Posted: May 06, 2008
You can't seem to use the stars in sorting? Can this be added? I use it to denote the next action for each project. If I could use it as one of the sort features then I could make sure it always appeared on the top of the list instead of messing with the other sort criteria.

Also, can't wait until you can see them on the iPhone since that's where I use it most.
J-Mac

Posted: May 07, 2008
I just noticed that the stars only print occasionally. Some views they are showing when I print; others, they do not -- even though there are stars there showing on the screen.

E.g., currently I am looking at my screen with the entire list showing by folder. The first folder has two parent tasks; one has three subtasks and the other has four subtasks. Two subtasks in each have stars selected. Yet the printout of that view shows only one subtask in each with a star. All the other tasks and subtasks in that folder are not showing stars on the printed page.

I have tried to see if there is any logic or sense to which stars show in the printout, but I cannot find any.

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are working to get stars to print properly. Thanks for letting us know about the problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
As a work-around, most web browser have an option to "print background images". If you turn this on, the stars should print.
J-Mac

I tried both Firefox and Opera. Background images are set to print. Still seeing the same problem.

Jim
deekod

Posted: May 09, 2008
Could the Scheduler be set to schedule "stars only" as an option?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 09, 2008
Interesting idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
Eric

Posted: May 16, 2008
@Toodledo

The Starred setting seems to be retained on repeating tasks. I'm not sure about other people but for me staring a task is a way for me to make it stand out this time. I would like to see that reset to off when I complete the task for the next occurrence of the task.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.