ForumsNewsHiding sidebar, calendar filter, row styles...

Hiding sidebar, calendar filter, row styles...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 04, 2011
Score: 6 Reference
We released a Big Redesign last week and we received a lot of positive feedback. We also received a handful of bug reports and complaints which we have been quickly fixing and addressing. Today we are releasing a number of improvements that should resolve most of the remaining issues.

1) The biggest complain so far has been the removal of the feature that allowed the left sidebar to be hidden. Fewer than 5% of you used this feature, plus we reorganized things to put important information into the sidebar, so we didn't think that this was an issue, but you let us know and we listened. You can now hide the left sidebar again. This is now an account setting under the "Display Preferences" subheading. With this enabled, the left sidebar will magically hide and reveal when your mouse moves near it.

2) We had temporarily removed the feature that made the title of a task bold based on it's priority. It is back now with some possible customizations. In your account settings, there is a new setting called "Row Style". You can now pick how the title is styled. It can be unstyled, it can be styled according to the priority or it can be styled according to the due-date. You also have the option to have completed tasks styled with a line crossing it out.

3) The new calendar view has received a filter that allows you to pick which sorts of dates appear on the calendar. You can pick to have only due-dates appear if you want. Or you can also show start-dates or inbetween dates. We have also fixed a few small bugs with the calendar dots being displayed incorrectly in some scenarios.

4) When clicking on the "Tasks" tab or pressing the "R" keyboard shortcut to refresh the list, the task count badges on the sidebar will also refresh.

5) On the homepage, before you sign in, you can now press the "return" key to open the signin box and it will place the cursor into the first box for convenience.

6) The warning that appears when you have a browser plugin that might interfere with Toodledo has been improved and become less intrusive.

7) Fixed a variety of other small bugs.

We welcome continued feedback and bug reports via support tickets and questions in the Questions forum. This thread gets too full for us to directly answer questions here.

Enjoy!
susanpeters

Score: -1 Reference
I'm always updating all of my overdue tasks to "today," which I believe can only be done by doing a search and using multi-edit. Now multi-edit has an alert at the bottom that says all tasks are about to be deleted and when I click on the date to change the date it pulls up a calendar separately and doesn't allow me to make the change. A bug or am I doing something wrong? Is there any easier way to update multiple tasks at once?
Acustk

Score: 2 Reference
Sidebar works great, thanks!
Salgud

So what took you bunch of uncaring so-and-so's so long? :)

Seriously, thanks again!

I'd have never thought of, much less asked for, the scratch-out on completed tasks, but I just tried it out, and it's somehow much more satisfying than the grayed out with the check mark.

This message was edited Aug 04, 2011.
Chris_45

I'm seriously impressed with how quickly you guys have listened to what people said in their feedback, particularly with regard to hiding the sidebar.

Great work!! Toodledo just keeps getting better!
Canyon Russell

Score: 1 Reference
OK, so i never really used the "sidebar hiding" before. But the new implementation is so slick, I'm going to start using it.

Great update, keep up the great work.
Folke X

Score: 0 Reference
Very, very impressive:

- the new UI itself
- the patient and constructive ongoing response to issues raised in the forum
- the new updates to the UI

Congratulations! You guys deserve respect!
joseimora

Any news on when we might be able to save our sort settings along with saved searches? Part of the power of a particular search view is to be able to see the items sorted in a particular manner.

Also, the saved searches are not available in the iPhone version.

These would be very welcome additions.
jdreed99

The sidebar is perfect. Very slick. You guys are great.
garyo

Thanks again! Great stuff, you guys rock.

I tried the styling title by priority, but I really don't like the black-with-gray-dropshadow look; it makes the task look blurry to me. Just bold would be fine for me. I suppose this might be a themable thing when themes come...

(But if it was up to me to say, I think batch operations, i.e. multiselect, is way more important than themeability. That's now my #1 request.)
Ereika

Posted: Aug 05, 2011
Thanks, keep up the great work! I just signed up for this service and I have to say, everything works beautifully.

This message was edited Aug 05, 2011.
CharleneTX

Posted: Aug 05, 2011
I just started using Toodledo and I must say so far I'm quite impressed with your responsiveness to users.

--Charlene

This message was edited Aug 05, 2011.
yoichi

Posted: Aug 06, 2011
I want to hide the left sidebar always, and want to off reveal action!
pele

Posted: Aug 06, 2011
A new setting "Row Style" is great!
But color coding of row should be much more marked (much more visible), in my opinions.

For example:
Medium priority = yellow background of the row
High priority = blue background of the row
Top priority = green background of the row

For now - low, medium and high priority are very similar visually.

This message was edited Aug 06, 2011.
Boxin

Posted: Aug 07, 2011
The No.4 update is great!
juraj.polak

Could it be possible to make also Notes column(icon, which shows if any note is for the task) movable ? I would like move this column somewhere at the begin of the line.
dandrei

the "R" keyboard shorcut does not refresh the list, but jumps to "Folder"
jeremiah.moss

Score: 0 Reference
"Fewer than 5% of you used this feature"

Well, that can still be a pretty significant number of people. I generally see 1% as the significant cutoff rather than 5%. Personal opinion, though.

Would like to see it more as a per-device thing than as a per-account thing, though. If I'm on my main PC, I want it always there (nice big 1080p), but if I'm on netbook, every pixel counts.
juraj.polak

Posted: Aug 08, 2011
I agree with this post. There should be more difference between colors.

Posted by pele:
A new setting "Row Style" is great!
But color coding of row should be much more marked (much more visible), in my opinions.

For example:
Medium priority = yellow background of the row
High priority = blue background of the row
Top priority = green background of the row

For now - low, medium and high priority are very similar visually.
gideonkaplan

Posted: Aug 08, 2011
Can we move the main quick search input text field back to the left half of the screen?
Right now in order to search, one has to scroll all the wall to the right of the screen?
Is there a way to re-order the search column?
I guess I could use keyboard shortcuts, need to figure them out or use sone more advanced search, but that is more keyboard input
Thanks
G

This message was edited Aug 08, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.