ForumsNewsiOS app update: Version 3.0 includes over 100 improvements.

iOS app update: Version 3.0 includes over 100 improvements.
fj_1354212223

Posted: Nov 29, 2012
Score: 4 Reference
Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" here, but I'm going to be a little more blunt: I absolutely HATE the update. Like Apple Maps and "The New Coke," they took a terrific product and broke it.

Others have mentioned font size, being unable to "turn off" features that take up screen real estate, and I want to second all of that. I want to add that the new UI is problematic not just because it "doesn't look good," but the choice of colors makes it just plain hard to read. "Medium Grey" letters over a "slightly less medium grey" background? Or, my favorite, white lettering over a light grey background? And, why do you choose those hard-to-differentiate foreground/background colors for your smallest fonts? (e.g., look at the dates at the bottom of a "Task Details" page).

I hope that the developers put together a way to revert to the previous version. I guess I'm now officially a former ToodleDo fanboy.
Alister Cruickshanks

Score: -1 Reference
I like the iPhone app, a massive Improvement and worked first time.

The iPad app I am having problems with, it shows no tasks I have tried sync several times,myriad checking account details and retyping but nothing.

Does anyone else know how to get my tasks to show. Seems odd it works on the iphone but not the iPad

Many thanks
saranam710

Score: 0 Reference
I never come here, I simply came over to the forums because I want to say a huge terrific thank you to the developers for the new iPhone app update. I will admit I think the font a bit small, but I *love* that I can now see the due date on repeating tasks; and several things that Toodledo did well before, it does even better now. I really appreciate this update and I will now happily return to my to-do list both online and on my iPhone.
cmeland

Score: 1 Reference
Ditto on all the comments about huge font size and the CRAZY BORING color scheme.

Please let us know how to revert back to the previous version. After years of using Toodledo, I am shopping for a new "to do" app.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012.
i5pay

Why ruin a good App. The font is a stupid size and the colour is so so boring and dull.

Please let's have some colour back and the ability to change the font size.

We would have thought the disaster of the ios6 release would have taught developers a lesson or two..perhaps not
Purveyor

Score: 3 Reference
Posted by fj_1354212223:
I want to add that the new UI is problematic not just because it "doesn't look good," but the choice of colors makes it just plain hard to read. "Medium Grey" letters over a "slightly less medium grey" background? Or, my favorite, white lettering over a light grey background?
I agree. And no option to change any of the colors.

The update addresses one of the biggest problems with the old version: Filters and Sorting options were not obvious. Now it's much clearer. Also, it's easier to navigate between various Views, and there are a lot of nice touches (like having the short list for each view show the three most recently selected items.)

But ...
1. No Saved Searches
2. No ability to have a different Sort for each View.
3. No ability to assign Tasks.
4. No file attachments for Pro Plus members.
5. And still only three icons in the bottom toolbar when there's obviously room for five. How about one for the Hotlist and one for Recent? Or making the toolbar customizable?

It's obvious that Jake and his team have spent a lot of time redesigning the app and it must be disheartening to hear negative comments after all that hard work. It's also clear, though, that Jake is sticking to his opinion that the user requests in these forums are of minimal importance when deciding which new features to introduce. I haven't seen a single post by a user asking for grey instead of black fonts, but there are many requests for Saved Searches, Sharing, and file attachments. It's Jake's decision to proceed with whatever he thinks is right.

For now, it's my decision to use the Toodledo app for my secondary account, which I use every couple of months for my packing list. For my main Toodledo account -- the one that I use everyday -- I am using another app.
paul_1351977321

Score: 2 Reference
Awful update.

Cluttered. Goofy colors. Funny triangle adding no value. Notes always in the way on detailed page. Search/Add take up valuable space.

I wish there were an uneasy "undo" button on this "upgrade."
kiteboy

Agree on the grey colour scheme - it's simply too hard to read. The fonts are both too big (task names) and too small (everything else). Moreover, they don't use the row heights effectively.

Don't bother showing the default task settings under the Quick Add - I can't tap to change these, they take up valuable real estate and it's apparent what the defaults are after the task is added.

Move the recurring flag from the checkbox - it's already in the 2nd line.
rahoeijenbos

Add me to the list of people who want the choice of a smaller font size on both the iphone as the ipad app. Most urgently on the iphone. And please leave away the second line, and save space for more tasklines. Again, mainly urgent on the iphone.
When using landscape on the Ipad1, and want to edit the task title it can only be done in portrait mode. Need for a change !

I also agree to get a better readable colorscheme.

I still love working with Toodledo ! Great platform !
colossusfr

Hi,

I use Toodledo for many years. I use both on Iphone, IPad and on the web. I have done the update on IPhone. I won't do it on IPad !!! I don't like the update at all. The grey scheme is awful, not readable at all. Please let us to choose between the new scheme and the old one.
Agree with "kiteboy" : The fonts are both too big (task names) and too small (everything else). Moreover, they don't use the row heights effectively.

I will wait that all these things will be fixed before an update on IPad.

Alain.
Bartman_1343232857

Score: -1 Reference
I have just upgraded and I like nearly all off the features, However one feature that has been broken is the filter by folders list . I have long folder names and many start with the same word i.e Project(w): this is my project 1, Project(l): House maintenance , Project(l): House management etc. With the upgrade I cannot see the folder name only the first part. This makes it very difficult to use and I use filter by folder a lot. PLEASE PLEASE increase the space allocated to Folder name when you click on filter by folder.
JPR

Score: 6 Reference
FWIW, I just downgraded successfully. I sync/backup with iTunes. Can't speak for what to do with iCloud. It's easy if you meet the following criteria:

1) you synced the previous Toodledo version (2.4.2) with iTunes.
2) you upgraded to 3.0 via the iPhone.
3) you have NOT synced with iTunes since you upgraded.
4) MOST IMPORTANT: your data on Toodledo.com is good.

Then it's pretty simple.
1) Delete the Toodledo app on the iPhone.
2) Sync with iTunes
3) In iTunes, re-activate Toodledo from Devices > Your iPhone Name > Apps
4) Sync again
5) You will need to redo all your settings in the Toodledo app from scratch, and sync with the website to get your data back.
Bartman_1343232857

Also please offer other color schemes than gray. It is horrible ..... you could offer the old blue scheme as an alternate.

Thanks

Purveyor

Actually, this is Jake's brilliant attempt at cashing in on the popularity of "50 Shades of Grey" ...

In version 3.1, Jake will get rid of the colors in the Settings icons and replace them with a whole new palette of greys. ;-)

Also, he says that there are over 100 improvements. 100=50 x 2, so the Toodledo app is at least twice as good as the book. Just wondering, though, about the list of all those improvements.

Bartman_1343232857

Can I request the following feature. Please add a sort screen for Location to the preferences section.

If you select filter by location, locations are displayed in the sorted order of the main sort order. I want to be able to sort location alphabetically or custom just as you can do with Folders. This is very important for me. I travel a lot and visit over 20 offices in 10 countries regularly and use locations a lot.

Thanks
maforbes22

Not loving the upgrade at all! VERY confusing. Font too small in some areas and too big in others. PLEASE bring back the old version!!!
maforbes22

Score: 3 Reference
Also agree the gray color scheme is awful
dan

Score: 2 Reference
I agree with all comments about the drab color scheme and the overly large font size. I'm also having one other issue: new tasks are being automatically assigned the due date of "tomorrow." Anybody know how to fix that?
so Post deleted
krellan

When I saw the update on iTunes, I got a bad feeling. Glad I came to the forum here, to confirm. The App Store's recent reviews are also overwhelmingly negative.

What strikes me is the sheer arrogance of this. Why take a good product and ruin it? Why has the developer not responded? Pages of pages of bad reviews, and still no reply.

Please explain why a good color scheme had to be faded to gray.

Please explain why a good page layout had to become cluttered.

Please explain why these changes had to be made at all. I can understand making back end bugfixes and improvements, but why ruin the front end?

What's going on here? Did I make a mistake in entrusting my personal to-do list to ToodleDo?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.