ForumsNewsManual Sorting of Subtasks.

Manual Sorting of Subtasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 13, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Today we are releasing a big new feature and some bug fixes.

Manually Sorting Subtasks
This is one of our top requests and we are happy to finally have it finished. The way that subtasks are sorted within their parent tasks is now a user preference. You can go into your account settings to change your preference. "Automatic Sorting" is the way that it has worked up until now, where subtasks are sorted within their parent task using the sort criteria that you have chosen. "Manual Sorting" is the new option. This allows all subtasks to be manually sorted within their parent tasks by dragging and dropping. This manual sorting only works when viewing subtasks indented. If you are viewing your list flattened out, then the regular sort criteria are used.

Other changes
1) Our slim mini-site now works for Palm Pre and Android phones.
2) When using the DD/MM/YYY date format, the drop down calendar might have shown the wrong month when adding a task.
3) When editing notes on Internet Explorer, it should no longer accidentally remove line breaks in rare situations.
4) Editing a task so that it was just whitespace caused and error and is no longer possible.
5) When deleting all of your tasks (using the account settings option), it is now possible to also delete your folders, contexts and goals.
6) A task that was assigned to an archived goal will now correctly show that goal on the list.
7) Fixed a security issue that could have allowed people you were collaborating with to potentially modify tasks they weren't supposed to. They would have had to intentionally and maliciously do this using some hacking tools. If you are not collaborating, or trust the people you are collaborating with, then there isn't anything to worry about. It has been fixed now anyway.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2009.
Proximo

Score: 0 Reference
IT WORKS, IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

WOOHOO.

Now I can use a new sorting option for my 3rd filter.

Thanks for this HUGE update.
Proximo

I just turned the option for Manual sorting on. I removed all the numbers from my sub-task and ordered them the way i want.

SUCCESS!!!!

When MAJOR updates like this happen, you will have a very happy user base. This is the kind of stuff we have been asking for and nothing is better than to see them implemented.

Thank you very much.

Jake

Toodledo Founder
You are very welcome.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
One thing I forgot to mention.

When viewing manually sorted subtasks on our slim mini-site or on the iPhone, the manual order will be displayed correctly, but it won't yet be possible to change that order. Reordering subtasks must be done on the main website for now.
dan.julian

I love it.

Toodledo continues to impress. Leaving that other site with the cow and coming here was the best productivity decision I've made in almost 3 decades*.

*I'm almost 3 decades old.

David

Posted by Toodledo:
One thing I forgot to mention.

When viewing manually sorted subtasks on our slim mini-site or on the iPhone, the manual order will be displayed correctly, but it won't yet be possible to change that order. Reordering subtasks must be done on the main website for now.

Thank you very much for this update.

On the iPhone app I do not see a sort by Task/Subtask like the browser version. How do I view the task/subtask list on the iPhone like the browser?
PeterW 

...and manual sorting of sub-tasks works with manual sort in Appigo ToDo! Fantastic!

mthelen

Very nice. Thank you very much! This is a fantastic feature that I've definitely been waiting for. Keep up the good work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
David: This does exist on our iPhone app. Tap on the sort button and then select "Subtasks" from the list.

PeterW: I am not sure if it does work with Appigo ToDo. If it does, great, but I suspect that it might not, since we just released this and Appigo hasn't had a chance to see it yet.
Vin Thomas

I love it. Thanks for this feature. I would like to see a more visible indication of where task will be dropped (see Checkvist for a great example).

Thanks for the hard work though!
jquark

Posted: Nov 14, 2009
Freaking amazing. I second all of Don's comments above. Thanks Toodledo. Your continued support and obvious passion for this product make me feel like I am contributing to something real with my Pro account. Cheers!
stephenmford

This is wonderful! I've been a pro member for 2+ years and this has always been a big pain for me to work around.

Stephen
Kelly Regan

Happy home builder here !!!

Thank you!
James T

Posted: Nov 16, 2009
Wa Hoo!

This has been my #1 request for a long time.

Thanks for listening!

James
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 17, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
PeterW: I am not sure if it does work with Appigo ToDo. If it does, great, but I suspect that it might not, since we just released this and Appigo hasn't had a chance to see it yet.

Hmmm... you're right. I did a quick test but must have fluked it somehow. Certainly can't make it work now.

Oh well. I will ask Appigo about when they might be supporting this feature.
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 18, 2009
I've posted a request on their Google Groups forum.
garyo

Posted: Nov 20, 2009
Awesome, this changes my workflow completely! Thanks!
(Now of course I want the times from subtasks to be summed into the parent, and due dates rolled up, ... before you know it it'll be a project manager.)
Gummi

Posted: Nov 26, 2009
Major kudos for this great update. Will be simpler to work with subtasks without removing the automatic sort for the folks who digg that.

Thanks a bunch.
mahmoodadeel

Posted: Dec 24, 2009
Can we also have regular task sorting. I dont use subtasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.