ForumsNewsiOS App Version 2.1.3 Released

iOS App Version 2.1.3 Released
Martin

Posted: Jan 01, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
For me the Toodledo App unfortunately has gotten unusable. I really love it a lot, but since Locations alerts are there, my battery drains really, really fast. With "normal" usage the battery in my iPhone 4 lasts up to two days, without recharging. After installing and setting up Toodledo App and activating the Locations alerts, the battery level goes from e.g. 91% to 16% within a few hours without any extra usage, like calls or internet usage. This is on iOS 4.2.1 and I already reinstalled Toodledo App twice. Even the location icon is always there.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 01, 2011
We don't use the GPS in the background, so this should not be happening. It might be another app. You can test this by going into the Settings app and disable location services for Toodledo and see if your battery life comes back. Id be interested to know if it does.
Irklak

Posted: Jan 19, 2011
I use the location alert feature and am having no battery issues at all.
gothick

Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Whereas I find that turning the location alert roughly halves my battery life. Odd. I have no other location apps running; when I turn on the location tracking in Toodledo I get the little arrow icon, and my battery drains quickly. When I turn off the location tracking in Toodledo, my battery lasts all day, like normal.

Maybe it depends on where you are and what cell towers you can see, or something. Or is there some setting somewhere that might have a bearing on it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 21, 2011
Enabling any type of location services will drain your battery faster and put the little arrow icon in the toolbar. If we were using the GPS, your battery would last about 1 hour. We use the less accurate, but less power intensive method, but it will still use more power than having location services disabled.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.