ForumsQuestionsInformation Overload - Alternative Interface Avaialble?

Information Overload - Alternative Interface Avaialble?
prcjunkmail

Posted: Mar 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have a hard time focusing or staying focused sometimes. What I'm wanting is all of the settings that are possible with Toodledo but with a MUCH less cluttered interface. Specifically, I'd like any creation and editing to occur in a separate pop-up window that has the luxury of showing all the options with some room to breath. I just find the spreadsheet-like interface that I see now just too jumbled and my eyes glaze over. I'd like a somewhat more linear process. Like being able to click on a task and having a properties box open up to edit all the settings.

Is there some way to currently achieve this?
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 15, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Try switching your task display to 'multi-line' mode. You can find that option in your account settings (http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9).

This mode limits the display to the star field, the task name and the primary sort field. There is also an arrow icon to open the task into multi-line format which then displays all other fields that you have active.

I switched to this view last year and find it much less intimidating and noisy than the grid view. All I really need to know are the task name and due date & star so it's perfect. I am using a Stylish style that keeps the other fields all on one line when I expand the task (I can post screen shots if you're interested).

As for task creation, there are styles available that put this in a popup window although I've found the window appearing at the top works for me (and it's spread out in my style so is easy to use).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.