ForumsQuestionsiPad app doesn't maintain sort by date modified

iPad app doesn't maintain sort by date modified
skynet

Posted: Mar 30, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have just bought an iPad 2 and so now want to use Toodledo both on my iPod and iPad. Problem is the iPad app doesn't keep list of tasks correctly sorted by date modified, but the iPod does.

Let me explain.

I keep my tasks sorted by date modified, with more recent ones being at the top. On iPad, if I open a task and mark/unmark the star or the tick, the date modified changes, but the list of tasks (which I display in date modified order) stays in the same order which is now not correct. If I modify a second task it gets worse since I have now several in different places in the list in the wrong place. The only way to have the list stay in the correct date modified order is to exit the folder and come back in again to force the list to be redrawn. Groan!

On the iPod it works well since exiting the task forces a redraw of the list.

The fix is clear: if the mod date changes then the list of task in mod date order should redraw to reflect this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2011
When editing a task, the list is not immediately redrawn because this could cause the task to disappear from it's current place. If you had accidentally edit the task, or wanted to make additional edits, you would need to go find it in it's new location to make the additional changes. What you will need to do is just refresh the list after making changes. The fastest way that I have found to do this is to tap on the "Notebook" tab and then tap back on the "Tasks" tab. Two taps and the list is redrawn.
skynet

Posted: Mar 31, 2011
I understand what you are saying.

Leaving the list wrongly ordered is not the right solution however!

In the particular case I describe the edited item will always be 1st in the list if you refresh automatically since it is the most recently modified.

There are better ways than leaving the list broken, such as always displaying the active item at the top of the list (that's what you do when you add a new task). For me this issue makes the iPad version much more unfriendly to use than the iPod. Pity. Please find a proper fix; asking me to do the refresh is not a proper solution!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 31, 2011
We are planning to find a solution to this. Incidentally, the same refresh behavior exists on this website. When you edit a task, it stays where it was and you need to refresh the list to make it sort into it's new place.
skynet

Posted: Apr 01, 2011
Looking forward to getting the solution. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.