ForumsQuestionsAdding Subtasks

Adding Subtasks
larry.wilcox

Posted: Dec 13, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way to add subtasks without drag and drop like you can after a parent has a subtask? With a long list of to do items sometimes dragging and dropping is cumbersome. I would just like to click on a "Create a subtask" buttom. Or am I missing something?
DrLaban

There actually is an "Add a subtask"-button. If you create a parent task and drag one subtask into it, you can create more subtasks by clicking "Add a subtask" within the parent task. Make sure you expand the parent task so yu see the subtasks by clicking the colorful subtask icon on the parent task. Below your subtask there is a button to add a subtask to the parent task. It's not as elaborate as adding regular tasks, it will not give you the opportunity to add more than one at a time and nothing more than the title of the task can be written, but you could always add additional info afterwards.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2008.
larry.wilcox

I knew there was a subtask button "after" dragging a task into a parent. What I am looking for is to directly create the first subtask without having to drag it after creating it. When I create a new task that will be a subtask it may get created quite a ways from the parent task and it is a bit of a pain to drag it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, but this can't be done yet, although it is something that we plan to improve in a future update.
larry.wilcox

Thanks for the quick response... GREAT product... GREAT support... and again Thanks.
Jason Bentz

Posted: Dec 25, 2008
I can't seem to get subtasks working, I am using the 7 day trial. I try and drag folders, try and drag tasks, but I see nothing about subtasks anywhere. Is this a limitation with the trial?
Jason Bentz

Posted: Dec 26, 2008
Nevermind, figured it out. Just had to turn it on in the fields settings in Account Settings.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.