ForumsQuestionsSubtasks marked complete before I do them

Subtasks marked complete before I do them
col4bin

Posted: Apr 17, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have 3 tasks each with subtasks that are set to repeat daily. Whenever the task rolls over to the next day (after having been completed), the last subtask is automatically checked for the next day as complete. This seems to only happen when I mark the tasks complete on the iphone application.

Any thoughts why this is happening?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 19, 2011
We will have to investigate this one. Thanks for reporting the bug.
col4bin

Posted: Apr 20, 2011
Thanks. I look forward to the fix. I am a new user however I don't recall this happening before the last iPhone update.
col4bin

Posted: May 03, 2011
Any update on when this will be fixed? I was disappointed it was not in the last release. Just to recap:

I have tasks with subtasks set to repeat daily or multiple times per week. Whenever I mark the final subtask complete and the top level task complete on my iPhone, it rolls to the next day the task is due but all the subtasks are marked complete. This does not happen if I mark the subtasks complete and the top level complete on the web based application.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2011
This is a little more complicated. We are still looking into it. One thing that may help is to enable the "Sync on Edit" setting and then make sure that the subtasks are synced before you check off the parent task.
JPR

Posted: May 05, 2011
I've experienced the same issue on the iPhone with subtasks set to "repeat with parent". Enabling "Sync on Edit" fixes the issue for me. The only workaround I found with "Sync on Edit" disabled, is to complete the subtasks. Sync. Complete the Parent.

FWIW, I prefer the "Sync on Edit" functionality. The only reason I turned it off was I don't like the way repeating tasks duplicate when marked done on the iPhone.
col4bin

Posted: May 05, 2011
Great, thanks. I will not be able to test this until tomorrow. I will report back with my results.
col4bin

Posted: May 06, 2011
That worked. Thanks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.