ForumsQuestionsgoogle calendar and toodledo, feeling frustrated

google calendar and toodledo, feeling frustrated
bellamichelle

Posted: Apr 28, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Ok, I did read the archives, trying to figure this out, but I am exhausted. I am new to toodledo and hoped to really like it but, to be honest, feel overwhelmed and frustrated. I am tech savvy but that isn't helping me today. I wish there was a 'getting started' tutorial as I thought I understood what the notebooks were for (assuming they are like folders of like things) and the tasks are the list items we want to track. I had hoped I could type more than one list item/task in at a time but it seems to require a separate task/box for each one. I get that it allows us to set info (due dates, alarms, etc) but it is cumbersome to make each item (pick up toothpaste) require the steps.

I also figured out how to get the cal info (pasted the url into my google calendar settings) and it shows up in my google calendar on my gmail page on my imac but on my iphone, where I want to see it when I'm out and about, only my basic gmail cal items show up there, not my toodledo. Is ther another step I need to take to get the toodledo items to show on my iphone?

And I don't like the messages from toodledo that show up in my list as they show up on top of the google calendar. They are tips and instructions and I don't want them in my calendar.

Sorry, I am feeling very cranky as I never thought this would be so combersome. I used the basic notes on the iphone for a while and it was simple but easy, but did not really let me group things or set any alarm. But this feels so overly confusing. I did go to the help section but the directions there did not apply. I wanted to delete a task and it told me to go to the fields and set it up to be active but there isn't a field for that. It also told me I could click on the trash icon and referenced a 'brick' but neither of those are there.

And I asked about entering multiple tasks and it said to choose multiple task entry but there is no place to choose this.

feeling very cranky.. I do not meant to whine but I just didn't expect it to be this hard. I hope there is a simple explanation.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
bellamichelle

Posted: Apr 28, 2011
ok, I found this info on the help section

How do I get tasks onto iCal on my iPhone?

It is possible to sync your tasks from Toodledo.com to iCal on your iPhone or iPod touch. If you use this in combination with our iPhone app, you can have both tasks and events on your iPhone in both iCal and the Toodledo iPhone app.

Enabling iCal Syncing - The first step is to enable live iCal syncing.

* Go to the Tools & Services section.
* Click on iCal.
* Read the instructions and click the checkbox. Then click the save button.
* Note the URL listed under the "iPhone" heading.

Setting up the iPhone

* Go to Apple's "Settings" app.
* Tap on Mail, Contacts and Calendar.
* Tap on Add Account.
* Tap on Other.
* Tap on Add Subscribed Calendar.
* Type in the url noted on our website: www.toodledo.com/id/your_id/ical_live_apple.ics

My question is, do I type in the info I got from the ical page, which is

[admin removed this link]

or do I actually past in the info at the end of the directions above, which says
www.toodledo.com/id/your_id/ical_live_apple.ics

I did paste the url with the webcal part in my google calendar, which helped the toodledo content to show up in my google calendar on the web. But I cannot tell exactly what I am supposed to type into my iphone under the set up for an additional calendar.

thanks so much.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 29, 2011
You should type in the link that contains the letters and numbers, not the one that says "your_id" because that is just an example. I deleted the link from your message above because it gives anyone in the world access to your calendar. I suspect that you didn't want that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.