ForumsQuestionsWe want an official Android app !!!

We want an official Android app !!!
cpr

Posted: Aug 15, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Great!
My tasks got duplicated 3X after an update of one of these 3rd party tools (DGT GTD) ...
oletros

Posted: Aug 17, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
Android development is much harder than iOS development. If our mobile website does not work for you, there are a number of great 3rd party Android apps that sync with Toodledo.

First, the mantra "Android development is much harder than iOS" is poor excuse because is totally false.

And no, 3rd party apps are rubbish.

Time to move to other provider, how can I ask for a refund? More than two years waiting for an Android app and we only have excuses and nothing more. If you don't want to make one, please, say it
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We want to make one, and we have made some progress, but we don't currently have enough developers to make this go fast enough.

We are hiring. http://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php
danlachance

I wish to switch to an Android. No app makes it an issue.
cpr

Posted: Aug 18, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
We want to make one, and we have made some progress, but we don't currently have enough developers to make this go fast enough.

We are hiring. http://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php

I can't see any android, java or mobile skills on those postings ... am I wrong?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 19, 2012
We want a general purpose web developer so that they can help with more than just the Android app.
oletros

Posted: Aug 27, 2012
Score: -2 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
We want a general purpose web developer so that they can help with more than just the Android app.

How a web developer can help with Android developement? Do you hire a web developer to do iOS development? I don't think so. This makes clear the commitment you have for the Android app
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2012
Its not like hiring a carpenter to fix your car. Web developer and Android developer use the same skills. Any good web developer could also do android development without trouble and we will figure this out in the interview process.
PastorDarryl

Posted: Aug 30, 2012
Administrator, can you recommend one of the third party Android apps as better than another? I'm really confused by all of the reviews in the Android Market and on here.

Posted by Toodledo:
[quote]We want to make one, and we have made some progress, but we don't currently have enough developers to make this go fast enough.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 31, 2012
We do not have a recommendation, but I am sure that someone else here might.
oletros

Posted by Toodledo:
Web developer and Android developer use the same skills.

No, this is not true, a web developer doesn't have to know nothing about Java and you're not asking for java developers. How the heck can you expect that a JS developer can build an Android Java application?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
A good programmer can use any language, and we test for this in the interview.
Glenn Huther

Posted: Sep 13, 2012
Posted by PastorDarryl:
Administrator, can you recommend one of the third party Android apps as better than another? I'm really confused by all of the reviews in the Android Market and on here.

I'm not an admin, but I did quite a lot of research and tested a few apps.

I ended up using this one http://www.todolist.co/

It's not pretty but it's powerful, pretty easy to enter tasks with quickly.

I'd suggest you add the new task widget to your home screen and change the settings to put you straight into "my views". Then set up a couple of customised views for yourself. That makes it super quick to use. Eg among others I have "errands" view and an "agendas" view.

(and no, I don't have any vested interest in this app - just saving you the trouble of wading through the less useful ones :)

Cheers, Glenn

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012.
Ann

Posted: Sep 13, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Glenn Huther:
(...)
I ended up using this one http://www.todolist.co/

It's not pretty but it's powerful, pretty easy to enter tasks with quickly.

I'd suggest you add the new task widget to your home screen and change the settings to put you straight into "my views".(...)

'Not pretty' is quite an understatement... It's the ugliest of the 3th pary apps I tried, but me too I ended up using this one.
Like Glenn Hunter, I have a shortcut that takes me straight into 'my views'.
(And what worked for me to make it a little bit prettier was changing the font size...)
yves.najman

Posted: Nov 23, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I tried some of the suggested native 3rd party apps, and my conclusion is:

The mobile web application is very good and I don't see the point asking for a native application in fact. I just tried to edit some tasks offline, then switched netwok on again and the synchronization was just right.

I don't think having an additional widget, with more reminder would be great: having the synchronisation with google calendar in place is just fine, this keeps the sources of information to the minimum.

The only issue I see, is that the Google calendar seems to be a bit slow to refresh and take in account new tasks. As far as I know, the issue is on Google side.

Congratulation to the Toodledo team for keeping things simple and working on functionalities instead of trying to implemente clients for all possible platforms!

Postscriptum: as far as I know, this is the very purpose of HTML5 applications to avoid re-implmenting applciation for each platforms.
paul_1302823369

Posted: Dec 31, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
We have spent a lot of time perfecting our mobile website, which works on Android and works offline.

http://m.toodledo.com

Please give this a try.

Why didn't you mention that before???? It works perfectly for me on a 7 inch Samsung. Just what I need.

In the 3rd Party directory you list the "Official" app as the first option in the iPhone section. If you'd listed the mobile site as an option in the "Android" section you would have saved me a lot of time trying all those other applications.

Fantastic application BTW. Keep up the good work.
cpr

Posted: Mar 03, 2013
Happy Birthday!

This requirement is 2 years old ... and no official android app yet ... still hiring? :-p

This message was edited Mar 03, 2013.
TimberXX

Posted: Mar 04, 2013
Toodledo is a great app, I pay $40 per year, but the lack of android app is disappointing.

I haven't read this entire thread, but I assume that Toodledo made a deal with Apple too keep it exclusive.
piyush_soni

Posted: Mar 14, 2013
I stopped using Toodledo because of absence of an official Android app (Was a pro customer, didn't renew). Now every few months I come here just to check this topic (though my hopes are fading away now). When it is made, will join back and renew my pro subscription. Of course, unless someone better comes into the market before that. 'Astrid' has started becoming quite good with a nice Android app - though it's not a full fledged GTD app yet.
oletros

Posted: Apr 16, 2013
@piyush_soni

I highly doubt that they are already developing an app, more than two years after saying that they are developing and there is absolutely nothing.

I suspect that if they say that they will lose a lot of customers
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.