ForumsQuestionsWhat is this appointment on the toodledo calendar??

What is this appointment on the toodledo calendar??
sc_1401827936

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
I use the Toodledo calendar in my google calendar. Usually it just creates a little icon that has my tasks for the day, never has events. But I noticed this event on my calendar from toodledo. I have no idea where it came from, it's unrelated to any of my tasks. The gmail address on it is not mine, and I don't know whose it is.

Screenshot:
karen.hollenback

Posted: Sep 08, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Also have the same event in my calendar...help anybody?? I have enough to do without items appearing that I have no idea who/what/where they are...can we remove it please???
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 09, 2011
This is a bug with Google Calendar. If you are using our Toodledo Google Calendar gadget, there is no way for us to add events directly to your calendar. The fact that multiple people are seeing the same event suggests that it is a Google problem. Please contact Google for assistance.

Also, you might experiment with disabling the Toodledo gadget and see if the task goes away. I suspect that it won't.
sc_1401827936

Posted: Sep 20, 2011
Administrator,
This event is published as part of the toodledo calendar. The *.ical file that is generated by toodledo contains this event. Disabling the Toodledo gadget makes the event go away, because it is a part of that calendar.

There is another event this Wednesday:
"Corbin pps" at Bronx, from [email protected]
The guests of this event are: [email protected], [email protected], and Toodledo.

Please look into this further.
em

Posted: Sep 21, 2011
I have the same exact issue. In fact, I've seen both of the aforementioned events on my calendar and they were added via the toodledo ical "feed".

This message was edited Sep 21, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted by clarathetwirly:
The *.ical file that is generated by toodledo contains this event.

Can you please send us a copy of this file so that we can see? I have tested this quite a bit and I am pretty confident that we are not putting these mysterious tasks inside the .ics feed. This is something that Google is adding on their own, by mistake.
otterbyte

I could be wrong, but it seems that it has something to do with when people add Toodledo as a guest to the event? At least all the 'extra' events I've seen seem to have Toodledo on the Guest list in the gcal event.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It could be that if someone adds Toodledo as a guest to their event on Google Calendar that Google puts that event on everyone's calendar that is also using Toodledo. I will have to experiment with this. But I am certain that we are not responsible for putting the wrong events on people's calendars. In fact, using the Toodledo Calendar gadget, it isn't even possible for us to put a task directly on the calendar. All we can do is put the green checkmark on the date. I've spent the last several hours investigating, and I am certain that these events are not coming from a mistake on our end.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 22, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
We have figured out that this happens because the owner of the mysterious event has added "Toodledo" as a participant to the event, which has caused that event to appear on everyone's "Toodledo" calendar.

As long as you never add "Toodledo" as a participate to any of your events, your data will not be shared with anyone. This only happens if you edit an event on Google Calendar and manually invite "Toodledo". We have no way to prevent this from happening. Google will have to fix it.

This bug has been reported to Google and they should be working on it.

If you want, you can participate in the conversation with Google here: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=295416b7b3fcdefb&hl=en

The more people complain to Google, the more likely they are to fix it quicker.
Erik Gunn/GLES

Posted: Oct 16, 2011
I'm having the same problem. This event is called "Quirof tarde" and is set for Tuesday, October 25, from 8 to noon (at least in my time zone).

I'd like to post a screenshot but I don't know how.
peterjimmc

Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Posted by GreatLakesEditorial:
I'm having the same problem. This event is called "Quirof tarde" and is set for Tuesday, October 25, from 8 to noon (at least in my time zone).

I'd like to post a screenshot but I don't know how.

Me too. I've emailed the user, hopefully they can remove it.
rick.savoia

I emailed the user as well and it bounced as an invalid address so I'm suspecting this is more like spam than anything else.

This is an interesting topic with regards to who really owns this? Google will likely claim that, since Toodledo is a calendar, they are simply following their implementation and there is no control over the calendar from this aspect:

If it's a calendar, then user can schedule for it.

Toodledo's argument is that they aren't generating the event so, therefore, it's Google's implementation that is flawed. Also not wrong. However, Toodledo is, essentially, one giant shared calendar.

The solution would be to allow the disabling of event creation from Toodledo from any address not associated with the owner of the account.

Not sure who would own that though.....
michael

Me too! I'm having the same problem. This event is called "Quirof tarde" and is set for Tuesday, October 25, from 8 to noon (at least in my time zone).
csflynn

Posted: Oct 28, 2011
I have both the Quirof tarde and Corbin pps as well as another one that says test event. Very strange!
rolffz

Posted: Dec 08, 2011
I am getting the same thing but listed as and "ALl Day" task linked to someone elses calendar. In the details I am even getting the persons' email addresses.
I disabled the Toodledo task feature and it went away, which tells me it's a Toodledo problem.
Soooo, what now?

Posted by Toodledo:
This is a bug with Google Calendar. If you are using our Toodledo Google Calendar gadget, there is no way for us to add events directly to your calendar. The fact that multiple people are seeing the same event suggests that it is a Google problem. Please contact Google for assistance.

Also, you might experiment with disabling the Toodledo gadget and see if the task goes away. I suspect that it won't.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is a problem with any external calendar. Since you only use Toodledo, it appears to affect only Toodledo, but it could affect any external calendar added to Google Calendar.
Carl

Score: 1 Reference
I am also having the same problem with multiple events showing up from other people's toodledo calendars. I'm not impressed with the administrator's answer that it is a Google Calendar problem and to complain to them. A more customer friendly response would be for ToodleDo to work with Google for a solution and then post the results.
rolffz

Perhaps this is the thanks we are getting for not paying for the software. A convenient blame on Google and no offer to help resolve things. Funny how this just started happening immediately after I updated a ToodleDo task(?)
I can just as easily disconnect; never use Toodledo again because of the lame reply; and find a better software.
Thanks for the reason to disconnect...

Posted by Toodledo:
It is a problem with any external calendar. Since you only use Toodledo, it appears to affect only Toodledo, but it could affect any external calendar added to Google Calendar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry if it looks like we are passing the buck, but there is absolutely nothing that we can do. We have spent many hours looking into this problem and we are 100% sure that this is a privacy problem with Google Calendar that is totally unrelated to Toodledo. We have contacted Google many times but have only gotten one vague response (6 months ago) that they are working on it.

At this point, we are very strongly considering removing and canceling our entire Google Calendar integration since it is clear to us that Google does not care about privacy and this is causing us to get too much undeserved bad mojo.
mitchellpo

Posted: Dec 09, 2011
I'm seeing the same thing on my calendar today. [email protected] and [email protected] have all day tasks called "Tasks for Friday" today and "Tasks for Saturday" tomorrow, continuing until 12/23 and sometimes duplicated.

Since google won't help and the Administrator can't help on the programming end, how about placing some ownership on the people whose events are cluttering my calendar -- Mr. Mount, Mr./Ms. Padzarau, and the other people mentioned above.

Maybe the administrator can collaborate on a solution with the individual users whose events are appearing on everyone's calendars. Thanks for your attention to the matter.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.