ForumsQuestionsIs there an inbox in toodledo?

Is there an inbox in toodledo?
hundl5401

Posted: Dec 24, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a mInd dump feature in toodledo? I would like my unassigned tasks to go into an "inbox" folder rather than being thrown into my master list at the bottom...I have seen this feature in omnifocus and another free app called springpad...I would like to dump my brain and have the ideas go into their own seperate folder. Is this possible?
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 25, 2011
Yes, kind of. It's called 'No Folder'.

If you leave the 'new task defaults' in your account settings so that new tasks added go into 'No Folder', this is your inbox. Any tasks you add (regular method, quick add, email, twitter) will land here and you can process them later. Many who use the GTD method do this.
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Dec 26, 2011
I actually have created a folder called Inbox. In my account settings, I have this set up as the default folder for new tasks. I often will get tasks into TD by sending them via email to TD, and thus getting them into my Inbox. Sometimes I will Bcc my TD email address to get follow ups into my inbox, where I process them and change the status to "waiting."
JPR

Posted: Dec 27, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
One advantage of 'No Folder' vs creating an Inbox folder is when you drag a task to become a subtask. A 'No Folder' task will join the folder of the new parent, whereas the 'Inbox' subtask will remain in 'Inbox' requiring more editing.

You can also create a custom search called 'Inbox'(Checked Off = No , Folder = No Folder) if you really need to see 'Inbox'.
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by JPR:

You can also create a custom search called 'Inbox'(Checked Off = No , Folder = No Folder) if you really need to see 'Inbox'.

I did this, but called it "A Inbox" so that it will be at the top of my Saved Searches.
PeterW 

Posted by JPR:
One advantage of 'No Folder' vs creating an Inbox folder is when you drag a task to become a subtask. A 'No Folder' task will join the folder of the new parent, whereas the 'Inbox' subtask will remain in 'Inbox' requiring more editing.

And another advantage is that 3rd party apps such as Appigo Todo (iPhone, iPad, Mac) displays 'No Folder' tasks in their respective Inboxes.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.