ForumsQuestionsCharging for Sub Tasks a bit naughty

Charging for Sub Tasks a bit naughty
computer

Posted: Apr 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a little bit not pleased. I looked at the basic product and my immediate reaction was 'great'!

I was particularly sold when I saw you could make a template of tasks, which is perfect for me.

But - no sub-tasks.

As you had to pay hard cash to have the feature, it never occurred to me it was a very slimmed down feature offer. I thought, hard cash, and not that cheap, would mean it was a fully implemented feature. But not so.

* no multi-level full nesting of tasks within subtasks - I completely expected this and was shocked to find it was ONE LEVEL ONLY. Wow.

* no coherent way to display them nested if only one of the tasks appears in HOT LIST.

* no means of ordering other than manual drag & drop

Personally, I think the subtasks feature as it exists ought to be provided free in the basic free version and a far more substantial set of features, across the board should be offered for cash, encompassing

* fully nested subtasks
* full user customisation of fonts, font sizes
* standard Windows interface, bold, italics, indents in the notes section, etc
* far better customisation of what appears visually - it is clunky
* field names which are live for keyboard hotkeys (ALT+name)
* the name of the screen you're currently in appearing at the top of the screen, so you don't have to nip back to the sidebar to recall where you are

And another dozen things.

Very much WORK IN PROGRESS here, isn't it?
Salgud

Posted: Apr 30, 2012

You mean, like every other software package available?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 30, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. We are continuing updating Toodledo and many of your suggestions are on our to-do list already.
computer

Posted: May 01, 2012
Posted by Salgud:

You mean, like every other software package available?

Sorry, but I paid what I consider quite a substantial amount of money for a TINY improvement in the product. That was shameless of the company to do that. Embarrassing.

And no, not like every other product, my dear. When a product is as basic as this, it should remain a free utility, or charge a lot less.

Had I known the heavily promoted SubTasks feature was so scant as to be almost meaningless, I would, obviously, not have spent money and would have remained on the basic free version.

They should

(A) alert people as to exactly how the feature behaves (only one nested level and no efficient integration with the hotlist)

OR

(B) not charge any money for the feature.

It's a joke.
Salgud

I'm so sorry you didn't do your homework, honey bunches! :)
carl.public

Whilst I agree the sub-tasks are a little limited in scope there is the option of a free trial to see what they are like first before you buy.

My main gripe with sub-tasks is the way they display on the iPad version. We desperately need an indented view to show clearly the relationship with the sub-tasks and their parent.
Karlo_

I thought there was a trial?

Did somebody just buy the service, and then opened his mouth without even having a look around?

You know what's naughty? Charging 25 bucks a year just so that your android todolist app could have reminders, and calling it free.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you do not think that your purchase is worthwhile, please create a support ticket and request a refund.
drsuds

Posted: May 02, 2012
Sub Tasks are available for free with google tasks. But google tasks doesn't have all of the other wonderful features of toodledo

also note, the subscription fee per year is not very naughty at all next to other pay task driven sites.
Purveyor

Posted: May 02, 2012
Posted by computer:
Sorry, but I paid what I consider quite a substantial amount of money for a TINY improvement in the product. That was shameless of the company to do that. Embarrassing.
What world do you live in where $15 is "quite a substantial amount of money"?

As for "TINY" improvement, there are at least 14 additional benefits with the Pro subscription.
See http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php

And, yes, what you said is embarrassing, but we won't hold it against you. ;)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.