ForumsQuestionsImport from Evernote?

Import from Evernote?
mlsphd

Posted: May 08, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to make Toodledo my one-stop task AND note capturing system. Currently, I've kept my notes in Evernote, but would love an easy way to import my notes from Evernote into Toodledo.

Is there a way to import notes from Evernote into Toodledo?
Salgud

Score: -3 Reference
Copy and Paste?
mlsphd

Posted by Salgud:
Copy and Paste?

That would work, but would take a REALLY long time. I have LOTS of notes in Evernote.
JPR

You'll need to get your Evernote data into csv format. Create at least one notebook in Toodledo and export it to csv. Then you can see the format.

https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_csv.php
mlsphd

Posted by JPR:
You'll need to get your Evernote data into csv format. Create at least one notebook in Toodledo and export it to csv. Then you can see the format.

https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_csv.php

Thanks! That sounds promising.... if I can figure out how to save my Evernote data into csv format. The default exporting format for Evernote is .enex

Maybe I'll ask on the Evernote forum!
JPR

Posted: May 09, 2012
Another trick is to find a third note taking app that will import Evernote and export to csv.
Purveyor

That would be quite a trick ... ;)

mlsphd, do you realize that the Toodledo Notebook will import data as unformatted text and that all attached files (images, files, voice notes) will be ignored? And you will lose whatever structure you created in Evernote, e.g. Notebooks, Stacks, Tags, Saved Searches.

Seems like a big step backwards.

Of course, it's possible that all of your Evernote notes are unformatted text and you don't use Tags or Notebooks.
JPR

Posted by Purveyor:
That would be quite a trick ... ;)

That I've used before. Outlook is often a good option for this.
Purveyor

Okay, sounds good.
How have you used Outlook to import Evernote data?
JPR

No Purveyor, but having migrated data between various apps for the last 20 years, using an intermediary has worked in some cases... and I'm only trying to point the poster to a possible solution. Last time I looked at Evernote was 3 years ago, and I see from my notes (text only in a Toodledo Notebook!!) that one of the big reasons I went elsewhere was because their import/export options sucked. The other was that I simply don't need the bells and whistles it offered. For me that complexity is a big step backwards. YMMV.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.