ForumsQuestionsTotal time spent on a task including subtasks

Total time spent on a task including subtasks
Kathy

Posted: Aug 26, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi. I am looking for a way to add the time I spend on each subtask to the time for the main task. At the moment I run both timers for the sub and main task so not to lose track on how much time in total is spent on each task. Does this duplicate the "time elapsed" that is calculated in total of all tasks?

I would be surprised if there wasn't a way for subtask time to be added to total task time, but I just haven't managed to find it. Any suggestions? Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 27, 2012
To view the total time of subtasks, what you do is click on the action icon of the parent task (circle with arrow in it) and select "Permanent link". It will total the timers and lengths at the bottom of the page.
Kathy

Thank you Toodledo. I noticed that if I estimate the length of a parent task and divide it among the subtasks (eg parent task estimated 3 hours, each of 3 subtasks taking one hour) that this will double the total estimated length, ie to 6 hours. Is there a way around this
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The total at the bottom of the screen is for all tasks on the page. So to prevent double counting, remove the time estimate for the parent task. Since it is just a container it doesn't really have a time of its own. The subtasks have the times.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.