ForumsQuestionsToodledo Suddenly Blocked by Web Filter at Work

Toodledo Suddenly Blocked by Web Filter at Work
gmbusiness

Posted: Sep 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I work for a large international corporation that uses a commercial web filter. During the day today, Toodledo suddenly became blocked because it's considered "Online Storage" by the web filter. I've never had that issue before.

Talking to IT the web filter is an outside service (don't know which one) and I have zero chance of getting Toodledo on an exception list by the Company.

I tried several other web-based task managers: RTM, Todoist, Astrid, etc. I could access all of them except for Productiv.

Has anyone else has experienced this? Is there is a way Toodledo can appeal to the web filter service that it's not Online Storage. It is a major problem if I can't access Toodledo at work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Unfortunately, if your company restricts what you can do at work, there isn't much that we can do about it. I don't know what filter your company is using, but it is unlikely that we could get ourselves off the filter even if we know what it was. The reason why is because it is correctly classifying us as "online storage". If your company does not want you to use any websites that store information, then you will not be able to use Toodledo. If you explained to your manager that Toodledo is a useful tool that helps you be more productive, then I suspect that they might be able to pull some strings. You can also use Toodledo on your iPhone, or via any 3rd party app that syncs over the cell phone network, since your company cannot block your cell phone network.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.