ForumsQuestionsTD can't sync

TD can't sync
grizzlypapi

Posted: Nov 23, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I was trying to set it up so I can use the mobile website to access my grocery shopping (free) account, and the TD iOS app to access my work (paid) account. I'm still testing the mobile website, so my iOS app is still set to access the grocery account. I'm really glad I decided to test the mobile website, as it's not working well for me.

This morning, I went it to set up my shopping list for this weekend. The mobile website (accessed through Safari) keeps asking me to sync, and no matter how many times I do, probably a dozen times by now, it always says it's not synced. When I closed out entirely and came back in, the Starred items were un-Starred. When I checked the account from my iMac, and from the iOS app, everything's fine. The Stars and the new items are there. I then deleted the URL for the mobile website and re-entered it, and everything was fine. But only briefly. As soon as I tried to make changes and sync, the same problem returned. It just won't sync.

So I've been experimenting back and forth, trying to get the mobile website to work and refresh properly. But somehow, now I can't get to my grocery account. The mobile website will only access my work account, and doesn't offer the option to change over to the grocery account at all. If I go the the m.toodledo.com website, it shows my work account.

So I'm back looking for another solution to my long-standing quandary. Basically, I can access the work account OR the grocery account from my iPhone, but not both. I was hoping to access my work account from the iOS TD app, and the grocery account from the mobile website via Safari. Not gonna happen!

This is very frustrating. I'm back to considering other options, which include finding a grocery app that meets my requirements, finding a third party iOS TD app that gives me at least some access to TD, or finding a list app that works for grocery lists. This is disheartening because Jake mentioned that having the Search capability on the iPhone app was now a high priority, so I want to free-up the iOS app for access to my work account as I still miss having that capability occasionally, and when the app has Saved Search capability, I'll really want to have that on my phone.

Usually, I enjoy this kind of hunt for the best app, but this one has dragged on way too long. I'm open to suggestions.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 24, 2012
When you go to our mobile website and you are signed into the wrong account, what you need to do is sign out and then sign into the other account. It will sync and then you should have access to it from that point forward.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 26, 2012
I tried signing out, but it doesn't work. When I go back in, it automatically signs me back into my work account. I've signed in to my grocery account several times, and it even shows that address in my settings, but it shows my work tasks. It never asks to refresh when it shows my work tasks, so maybe that's the problem.

I can go to the website and see either, but not from the mobile site.

This message was edited Nov 26, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like you are aren't fully signing out. Try this, in the top left corner, click the button that says "Tasks" and select "Settings". Then click "Sign Out". You may then want to clear your cookies and saved data for Toodledo, but this shouldn't be necessary. You can then sign into the other account.

Another alternative is to use a different web browser for the other account. That way you could be signed into both at the same time.
Salgud

Posted by Jake:
It sounds like you are aren't fully signing out. Try this, in the top left corner, click the button that says "Tasks" and select "Settings". Then click "Sign Out". You may then want to clear your cookies and saved data for Toodledo, but this shouldn't be necessary. You can then sign into the other account.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've been doing as you suggested, but it doesn't work. I cleared the cookies, and that got it working.

Thanks for the suggestion!

This message was edited Nov 26, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.